1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronicle] Stagnant, "selfish" Rockets crash. Haven't we been here before?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by badgerfan, Jan 27, 2009.

1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Alston calls the play tonight selfish.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/01/stagnant_selfish_rockets_crash.html

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I may not like the way he plays all the time but at least Rafer speaks the truth.

DD

3. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

LOL Alston is part of the problem...

4. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I should have quoted it.

"We're not playing team ball," Rafer Alston said. "We were very selfish tonight. They were able to capitalize off of our selfishness. We have to decide if we're going to play one-on-one or we're going to pass the ball to each other and play team ball.

"Not playing with energy on both ends, being lazy, not running up and down the court, not sharing the basketball, not setting solid screens, it's just selfishness."

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Alston is right, one on one ball killed us tonight. He also took some bad shots but not as bad as T-mac and Artest did tonight. I hope this is the game that changes their ways but that should of happened a few games into the season.

6. macgrady001

macgrady001 Member

That's right..

7. DaDakota

Huh, I wonder whom he is talking about? Perhaps the two guys who just came back?

DD

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

That has been the problem the whole year. I'm trying to figure out the first time we have set a real screen that actually freed up the guy with the ball.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Definitely aimed at T-mac and Artest, but I think it is aimed more at Artest than McGrady.

10. DaDakota

No way Jose, it is aimed squarely at both of them...right between the eyes.

DD

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

I meant the passing the ball more is aimed more at Artest. T-mac passes it, it usually just takes him a while.

I think the getting back on defense is definitely aimed at T-mac though, and the lazy part is aimed at T-mac.

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Not playing on both ends sounds like TMac. Not sharing the ball sounds more like Artest. Lazy has to be TMac.

13. Mooch

Mooch Member

we all know tmac is not a selfish player. He tried to do 1 on 1 tonight because his other teammates were not hitting anything. Rafer and Artest could not buy a basket, and no one else could create their own shot. TMAC is not the problem, it could be artest but we will see when yao gets back.

14. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

tmac and artest's return have ruined our chemistry. I called it from the beginning... it was just too obvious

15. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I agree, though I think more of his gripe is probably towards McGrady because at least Ron plays with effort. Ron also wasn't the one to make all these bold proclamations about his return and doing the whole "I'm going to prove the haters wrong" like Mac did. Players can tell when other players are slacking. To me, I could forgive a player who gave it his all but did not play well, but I cannot with a player who doesn't try 100% and ends up playing poorly and may make subsequent excuses for his poor performance.

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Jinx!

17. rockets_fanatic

Exactly right. I just do not get how these two guys can sit there and see how well the teams plays when they move the ball and play asa team. Yet for some reason they return and want to get there shots.

18. DaDakota

Time to trade one of them...and since Artest is expring.....

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

LOL! If it is obvious to us ignorant fans, it must be screamingly obvious to the players and coaches.

20. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed ... by why stop at one?