1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronicle] Rockets finally get Courtney Lee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Aug 11, 2010.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Didn't see this posted.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chron.com%2Fdisp%2Fstory.mpl%2Fsports%2F7148996.html&ei=ZUJjTJzWIYSdlgfy5omICg&usg=AFQjCNGhUcjVrL82klwkz348Ml0CTweorQ

#1 tmoney1101, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Glad to hear what people say about his defense.

1 person likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Ariza's defensive prowess was overly hyped anyway. Maybe Lee will be better at both ends of the floor.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope so, because Trevor was frankly a massive dissappointment.

DD

5. pewpew

pewpew Rookie

lol lol lol, only reason for this trade=save $$$
    Ariza sux, but still > lee...
    I want no one from Nets...

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think ariza was brought in for a few reasons, but one of them was to learn to shane and eventually take over for him. i dont think he ever really "followed the game plan" as Gersson Rosas said lee does that "to a T."

in many ways this is similar to when the rockets moved swift after signing him to full MLE. he didn't quite have the brains/discipline they were looking for. instead this time getting our new shane battier didnt cost us a lotto pick.

lee may never live up to shane, but he can be very close. and for the price, it was a solid move.

2 people like this.
  7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Morey gets what he wants, sooner or later.

In before moreystaringatyoufromMSG.jpg

1 person likes this.
  8. PeppermintCandy

Very interesting article. If Lee is as good a defender as they make him out to be, our second unit backcourt of Lowry and Lee is going to be really something.

Also, I like how Houston's two most recent pickups - Brad Miller and Courtney Lee- are players Kevin Martin is very familiar with. I'm not sure how intentional it is, but it's definitely going to help make Martin feel more comfortable as a Rocket. A big plus IMO.

9. Superdave532

Superdave532 Member

This is the type of attitude that puzzles me. I wasn't following this board last summer when we brought in Ariza, but I feel like everyone had expectations that were just way too high for what he brought to the table. Yes, for 7 million years you had better be a versatile, valuable player. And Trevor was, but the problem was he is not a shot creator. He does all the little things right - plays good defense, hits the open threes, threw down the crowd-raising thunderous dunks - but I never expected him to be what the Rockets tried to make him into at the beginning of the season, before we got a real 2 guard in Martin. That's just not his game, and honestly when people are disappointed that he didn't turn out like that.. I dunno, to me, the logic sounds the same as if people were mad at Scola for not blocking more shots. Ariza delivered exactly what I expected him to as soon as we traded for Martin and he slid to his natural position. I feel like he would have been good with Yao drawing even more attention and I wish we had had the chance to see it. I'll miss the guy and wish him the best.

I am a little happier after reading this article though, it didn't even occur to me that we got that nice $6.3 million trade exception. I have a feeling that will definitely come in handy before the next deadline next year.

Welcome to the Rockets Courtney, sounds like he'll fit in just fine here.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Lee reminds me of how Cat was on the defensive. He could guard all the perimeter players. Too bad Lee doesn't have the fastest first step in the league like Cat did when he was young.

11. worzel gummidge

Sure they may like Lee as a player a lot but there's no hiding the $9,939,360 savings as major motivation for this trade.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Once people finally get their heads wrapped up on this trade, Morey will already be finalizing his next. The Magician is ALWAYS a step ahead.

Abracadabra. b****es.

1 person likes this.
  13. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I didn't know this

I like :)

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Idiotic.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he was a disappointment b/c of morey and adelman. they thought he was better than a role player and they gave him the freedom to do so.

he was pretty damn good near the end of the season when he actually played his part.

blame it on morey and adelman for him being a disappointment. people who saw him with the lakers knew his capabilities.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

yeah, the Lakers which is why they didn't try very hard to sign him....never officially even offered him a deal.

DD

17. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

salary dump, plain and simple, dont care how the rockets sugar coat it. morey says the same crap about anybody we acquire.

1 person likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

TE = Gortat. Find a way to bring in strong 4/5 insurance.

19. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Well, we go Lowry from the Grizzlies

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think ariza would be a very good player this year playing as a 5th option, behind yao, brooks, martin, and scola. he would be terrific in fact.

but i think lee can do the same things he does anyways (or close to it) if he gets the minutes.

i don't think cbud getting minutes is a sure thing. competition b/t cbud and lee will be stiff.

for those w/ LP last year and caught some nets games (yes i know, who watches them?), lee is a very capable player.

better overall offensively than ariza, but lacks the all-around game of ariza.