1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronicle] John McClain: Ben Tate Likely Done For Season With Broken Ankle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rookie34, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Houston Chronicle - Ben Tate was injured at the end of a 12-yard run in the third quarter of Saturday's game.

X-rays indicate that Tate likely broke his ankle and he will be miss for the remainder of the season.

The Texans drafted Tate in the second round in case Arian Foster didn't pick up where he left off last year and Steve Slaton didn't get healthy and over his fumble problem.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/08/tate_loss_means_foster_and_sla.html

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

sign westbrook

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

wtf. we sucked donkey balls yesterday and lost tate??

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Where did we suck donkey balls? Our first team offense and defense were about as dominant as possible. If you are referring to 3rd and 4th stringers during the 4th quarter of a pointless game, you're correct, we sucked.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I would consider it, but I doubt Kubiak will ... 4 RB's left: Foster, Slaton, Johnson and Henry.

Maybe we should trade Slaton and picks?

If we still had Moats, I wouldn't mind the loss of Tate ... but I do now.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You must not have watched the game.... :rolleyes:

If he does have a broken ankle, that sucks. :mad: I liked what I saw from him in two carries.

I think we're alright at the running back position without him, though. We could have a three man crew of Foster, Slaton, and Johnson.

7. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

I'm confident in foster (more so our o-line)

I wouldn't get to worried, half the stuff mcclain says is garbage just to keep people interested..

we'll be fine..

our first offense dominated without tate.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

i don't understand how westbrook is unsigned. the guy can still play, and that's an understatement. avg'd 4.5ypc last year. his legs are fine. if he wants to risk his life and risk his brains exploding on the field, that's his choice. but the guy is still an elite rb at a bargain basement price.

9. Two Sandwiches

NFL network says Westbrook will decide tomorrow, and it will probably be St. Louis of all places...

10. Bojangles

I was drunk so maybe that was it. All I know is we sucked big ole donkey balls and lost a 16-0 lead.

11. Two Sandwiches

Lol.

Our first strings absolutely dominated BOTH sides of the football. It was lopsided. Would have been a 35-0, at least, mauling had things continued.

Second strings held their own, and basically played a 0-0 game.

When the third and fourth tier guys came in, we started getting beat. That, essentially won't matter in the regular season because most of those guys will be cut, or just warm the bench all season.

All in all, last night's game was enough to put some excitement into the base of Texans fandom. It looks like we could have a very good team this year.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Our 3rd/4th string lost a 16-0 lead. Who cares. It'd be nice to win the game, but I'd rather lose and have our starters dominate then win because our 3rd stringers led a last-second comeback.

Tough break for the Texans -- but was anyone really expecting that big of a contribution from Tate? I never heard the coaches say anything too glowing about him in camp and he didn't do anything yesterday to make me think 'wow.'

Always sucks losing your second round pick, but I was a bit worried the Texans swung and missed on it anyways. Good thing he was the 3rd string RB and Kubiak has said Henry has looked good. I'm not worried.

13. Bojangles

Oh nice. That's good to hear the first few squads looked sharp. I've got high hopes for the season. We need 10 wins and then this'll be the year.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, but you missed the first 3 quarters...where the players actually matter.

15. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

According to his Facebook, Ben Tate DID NOT break his ankle. Great news.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn so McClain just assumed he was done for the year?

17. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Yeah whats new? McClain is the one who assumed they were just going move Diles to the strongside lineback when Cushing was suspended and Kubiak called him out on it.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

So the General with more bad info....SHOCKING

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Technically he said the x-rays indicated he likely broke his ankle.. not that it was 100%. Either way, if you're looking at x-rays and think it could be broken, it's probably a pretty severe injury.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

@davidnuno: Kubiak on Tate, it doesn't look good. More tomorrow. Will require surgery.