1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(CHRONIC) Point guard wishes Rockets would extend contract to match his growing value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LpBryan03, Sep 29, 2010.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I love AB. He has the makings of a great leader. I know he's trying to cash in right now (can't fault him), but he should also understand last year was an "aberration." What he should focus on is to be consistent, efficient, and improve on his playmaking THIS YEAR when we have a more complete team. Then the Rockets will know his true value.

Hope the ill feelings don't translate into his play. The Rockets took a chance on him when others just dismissed him for being small. C'mon, AB, play for the team.

P.S. DM sure knows how to play hardball.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

The only players with enough leverage to get their big raises following 3rd year are no-brainer max extensions. Aaron Brooks, as much as I love him, isn't even close to being such a player.

The only chance Brooks can coax a long term deal from Morey is if he's asking for way below market value. If he want MLE type money, then Morey may think about it. Anything more and I'm sure there's no discussion.

3. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Brooks and his agents want contract extension now as he had a career high last season in numbers that wont be duplicated this season.

The rockets have more more offence and deeper bench.

Thus his points and minutes will drop...

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

oh boy....

5. Raven

Raven Member

I agree with Spacemoth. Someone will overpay.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

[​IMG]

AB gonna get paid.

8. worzel gummidge

Players like Brooks could get what the MLE is now or even less next year. That's why players still under contract are desperate to extend before free agency.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Lol! 6M? He's going to get offers for at least 10M next year. You can quote me on that.

10. worzel gummidge

Not in the new CBA.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

A sign and trade would be under the new CBA, while an extension would be under the current CBA. The new CBA is likely to be less favorable.

12. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yep, I agree. Brooks wanting to re up now. I'm pretty disappointed though in the way he's speaking out in public like that. I bet his agent talked it up this summer. Maybe he's too young to realize he's not doing himself any favors. If he's smart he'll let his basketball do the talking and help this team have some playoff success, the $$$ will come. It feels like he was a rookie just the other day, had a great year and already wants his payday. He needs to put in his time and just worry about basketball.

Morey was quiet frank in his response in regards to contract extensions. And if you guys haven't learned by now, Morey doesn't let assets just walk. He'll let the market set the value and buy, either put the asset in his cabinet or trade that asset for another asset. Morey is gonna do what's right for the Rockets.

I really hope this doesn't linger, for Brook's sake.

1 person likes this.
  13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

That "tiny little point midget" is among the quickest in the league, not to mention a great 3pt shot. Without Brooks, the Rockets go nowhere.

14. Prince

Prince Member

Let's trade him. Not good.

15. arjun

arjun Member

i think 7-8 million will be reasonable in the new CBA

16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

This.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

What is he? The new T-Mac? The new Yao? :confused:

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Yall are crazy. Brooks is not pulling a Darrelle Revis by holding out.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Pay thyat myan hees moneyh.

20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please don't tell me you believe half the crap you post on this board?

Brooks wants to get paid. You honestly believe he'll take the full MLE from Miami? From what I've read, the owners want to do away with the MLE with the new CBA talks. I highly doubt Brooks wants to make around the same amount Lowry makes. He's looking to get paid period.

I agree with the other poster though... I wouldn't be shocked if he lands in SAC with Landry... He'll be on the West Coast where he's from and SAC wants to make that next step.

Seriously... Stick to the Melo talks...