1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(CHRONIC) Point guard wishes Rockets would extend contract to match his growing value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LpBryan03, Sep 29, 2010.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am not the one claiming that he is the Rockets best player and that they will not go anywhere without him. If he is as good as rock4ever claims, we would have made the playoffs without Yao or T-Mac.

You have proven from your post that you are either an idiot or troll. I will assume the latter for the sake of retaining whatever little faith I have left in humanity.

On the off chance that you are dumb enough to really believe what you just said, in case you forgot, we have this 7'6" guy called Yao who can draw double teams. Even with all his rust, he can still score efficiently. Also, if the Rockets ever start to play read and react basketball, they will also get their shots regardless of whether or not AB plays. As far as either AB or Gordon being a playmakers, even hardcore AB/Gordon nut huggers will be hard pressed to agree with you there.

2. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Again, just to clarify my position.

-Aaron Brooks was our best player last year, in which pretty much everybody would agree.

-Aaron Brooks was the best player against the Lakers, the team we'll have to go through if we eventually wanna win a ring.

Conclusion: The NBA is about match ups. If we want a realistic chance of winning a championship, our path goes through LA. Brooks poses the biggest threat against them. Who exactly would you trade him for?

How? Because you dont have logical rebuttal? Where exactly is my position on Aaron Brooks idiotic? He's the quickest person in the league, has had his best games against some of the best point guards. The trade proposals for Kirk Hinrich are the dumbest trade proposals I've heard on here. The organization's better than that

I agree. Now that Yao's actually playing, he's our most efficient player. But Aaron quickness and ability to get his own shot takes TONS of pressure off Yao. Your problem is you dont take in consideration that Brooks can adjust his game around Yao, which is a slight to Aaron's game.

When the season starts we will see who's really spewing nonsense. I predict Aaron will be the best player this year again. I'll actually enjoy watching you, Reeko, aelliot & assid backtrack when Brooks has a career year

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

A playmaker is a player who you give the ball too and everybody move out the way. You're saying Ben Gordon doesnt fit that? Wow..lmao

4. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Since you pose that question. Did the Sixer's make the playoffs last year? They had a worse record than the Rockets in a weaker conference, so how good would that make Iggy?

And I'm the idiot :confused:

5. uchlha

uchlha Member

ben gordon is more of a chucker