1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Miller back on floor as Rockets get in a quick practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scola4, Oct 14, 2010.

1. scola4

scola4 Member

Miller back on floor as Rockets get in a quick practice
    By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
    Oct. 14, 2010, 2:14PM

BEIJING – The Rockets practiced on Thursday in Beijing, hoping to limit the time lost to the demands of the China trip. Because of the trip and the preseason games, the Rockets had not practiced since last Friday.
    “I didn’t know what it was going to be like just because of everything that’s been going on. We’ve had no schedule," coach Rick Adelman said. "It wasn’t great, but the guys really tried. I really wanted to just have them get a good workout in. we hadn’t done anything but that game (on Wednesday) and some guys didn’t play in that. I thought they did a good job of keeping their concentration.
    “We didn’t go very long because people, we’re going to the Wall and we got there late. There’s just something going on all the time.”
    As crowded as the Rockets schedule is with event and appearances, Yao Ming said the work load on the court is typical enough that the other demands should not slow the Rockets on Saturday in Guangzhou.
    “Most of us have been accustomed to that,” Yao said of playing the two games with two practices in between. “For the Guangzhou game, we expect to perform as well as we did in the past. We will try not let our fans down.”
    Miller practices
    Rockets center Brad Miller went through his first full practice since spraining his left ankle before the start of training camp and hopes to see his first game action with the Rockets on Saturday.
    Miller is listed as day-to-day with his availability to play to be determined by how he responds to Thursday’s and Friday’s practice.
    “I’m going to practice again on Friday and we’ll see how it does,” Miller said. “I’m not going to play a lot of minutes, that’s for sure.”
    That would give the Rockets two centers available for limited playing time and like Yao Ming, Miller will also have to overcome the time spent off the court.
    “He looked really rusty,” Adelman said. “It’s going to take him some time. I think he tried to do too much, but at least he got out there. He ran. He didn’t hold anything back so that’s a good sign.”

link....
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7246819.html

2. G-Money

G-Money Member

I'm excited to see Kevin Martin and Brad Miller play together again.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I really can't wait to see him gel with the second unit.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So it begins.

5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

WTF? The Wall? lol

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think he meant they were going to visit the Great Wall.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't understand. Coach has to see the Wall before he can call it a Great Wall. Heck, he probably thought it was like the sheetrock wall at his house that his wife wants him to get painted, except maybe a tad larger. :p

1 person likes this.
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

That's good to know, I hope we get to see him the next game.

9. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Perhaps you're right Carl......Grumpy Grumpy.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Goodbye Yao. :(

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]