1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Two Positive Solomon Pieces

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Feb 16, 2012.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's been so bad it's hard to believe. Once Patterson plays with enough consistency to start we need to trade Scola immediately. Scola gives up so many easy lay ups and I damn near always see Pat come in a swat a few around the rim. He is a BEAST.

It does suck that Scola is such a worthless POS though. I remember watching him during his first season in Houston and I was so pumped that we finally had a legit PF to put alongside Yao and T-Mac. Those days seem decades ago...

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol the dude sounds like a okc fan, why would a rockets fan ever say that the team we faced just had an off night otherwise they would of won. I would understand if durant and westbrook had only 10 point in the game but that was definitely not the case.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Of course it is a little too harsh, but you must agree, Scola's defense appears to have gone from bad to worse this year. Scola's defense against either Love or Beasley irt to tomorrow's game will be a nightmare for us. McHale might have to pull a rabitt tomorrow and alter the rotations if a win is in the cards.

5. joesr

joesr Member

Go fly a kite.

didnt we just have a game the night before too?

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Soooo thread recap:

If you hated McHale before the season, you still hate him. If you liked him before the season, you still like him. If you weren't sure before the season, you're still unsure. Oh, and RA is just a keystroke away from a bj on CF.

7. ribbit

ribbit Member

People will always find a reason. The Rockets' record right now should be 0-30... Ginobili did not play, Pops gave Timmy a breather, Nuggets were not at their best, Batum isn't playing like himself, Nash's panties were too tight, blah, blah, blah.

:grin:

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I agree here. While early assessments are unavoidable, the real test for McHale and the Rockets doesn't come till playoff time.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

And the flip-flopping continues :rolleyes: After Minnesotta punked us last game people on this board were talking about how awesome Minny is, how they have passed us by, and how they would be in the WCF next year. Now half the season is gone by and the Wolves are still under 0.500.

BTW the Rockets are one of the youngest teams in the league. Lowry is just 26, Martin is 27. Even the "vets" are guys like Scola and Dalembert who are on the on the young side of 30.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think one can safely say this thread sums up what's wrong with the GARM. Durvasa posts some positive comments by Solomon (who's a writer that makes many of us want to hurl most of the time) about the Rockets and their coach, and it immediately descends into a crapfest of negativity having little to do with the subject of this thread.

Brilliant.

11. cod

cod Member

He'll read the GARM and then write a piece that goes against the grain.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think McHale is handcuff by the awful non athletic/defensive personnel he was left with. Come on we all can see that only 4 players can actually defend one on one Dalembert (foul prone), Parsons (can't shoot consistently), Kyle, and Lee. That's it and everyone else gets abused by their man.

SO PLEASE BLOW IT UP!!! We are okay with starting over because this isn't going anywhere. I'd rather have bench players that hustle and play D than seeing Jordan Hill etc.. jogging back on defense.