1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Two Positive Solomon Pieces

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Feb 16, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Some would say Hayes is better than Dalembert or at least more consistent. Adelman also had a better Scola.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I gotta call the coaching change pretty much a wash... which is considerably better than most thought when we cut loose of Adleman and hired McHale...
    Adleman is a better x's and o's guy, but McHale is a better leader... I'll take McHale.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

part of it? people overrate coaches too damn much.

this is a point guard league and you will be hard pressed to find 3 teams in the entire league who upgraded their pg position more than the wolves did this season.

look at what solid play at the point has done for the knicks. mike d's coaching didn't all of a sudden change. players make coaches look good.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This. Changing culture is the hardest thing to do. Adelman is a HOF coach in my book.

5. Prince

Prince Member

The only thing that can beat the Thunder is themselves. They're playing unmotivated last night as if they wnated to end the game quickly.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

Then I think you're in the wrong forum because The Rockets beat that ass yesterday. They outscored them and shut them down for 3 minutes to end the game. Take that garbage about a team beating themselves somewhere else.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The McHale vs Adelman debate is beside the point Solomon is trying to make.

The question is:

Is McHale performing better than you expected? My answer is most certainly "yes."

8. Jdawg

Jdawg Member

Is 5th or 6th really that much better than 7th or 8th? The Kaman deal is the kind you make when you are 3rd or 4th with a chance to be 1st or 2nd.

9. Prince

Prince Member

grow up cry baby...

[​IMG]

10. REEKO_HTOWN

You're the one who can't get over the fact the Rockets beat the Thunder:confused:

Unless those two weren't Durant and Westbrook out there last night:grin:

11. Prince

Prince Member

I hate that duo but I can't deny that they're super good. The point that I'm trying to make is that, it was not their best game last night.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FVca1DOskEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this is suppose to be a pro-McHale or pro-Adelman post.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Exactly. We have played 7 games against the top 2 teams in the west. 3-4 record and have been outscored by a TOTAL of 9 points in those 7 games.

15. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

This is probably the most dumbest thing I have read on here. I had to log on just to say that, I usually just read. Really, you could pick a handful of teams a night that lose and you can say they didn't have their best game. There are games Rockets played like shi*, there are no excuses. Excuses are for losers. You either win or you don't.

1 person likes this.
  16. Prince

Prince Member

[​IMG]

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

The Rockets have more combined overall talent. Lowry is better than Rubio right now and Beasley is horribly inconsistent -- usually he sucks. All their wing players suck. Love is a great player, but remember he only won his team 17 games last season. They won that game against the Clippers because Adelman drew up a brilliant game-winning play for Love.

McHale is doing a decent job so far, and we're also very lucky that our only injury to a starter was Lowry for two games. I'll reserve full judgement on McHale when I see him coach a playoff series. The sad thing is, if McHale does a good job for us and then one season we struggle because we're ravaged by injuries, Leslie will try to fire him.

18. deshen

deshen Member

lol, there is no way to be excused for missing a star like this, especially when we desperately need one. no excuse. You admit your mistake and figure out what is wrong with your evaluation system.

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

McHale is impressive and exactly for the reasons cited: he's having a worse Scola, Martin is less effective, has not had a training camp etc. He's doing exactly what Adelman did: the best with what he has. I am not ready say he's having the team overachieve like RA did but who knows, he's on his way.

20. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

You can't be serious. You're making an excuse saying that the they didn't have their best night? Well what about the Rockets? I'm pretty sure that wasn't their best night, it was a grind out, not a runaway victory.

Durant, Westbrook and Harden combined for 76 of the Thunder's 95 points. You're saying that they had a bad game? The fact is that they WERE on their game, the Rockets defense slowed them down. I'm sorry if you can't grasp that concept. Give credit where it is due.