1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Stage is set for Harden's next big step with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 21, 2013.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

With some of the absurdity going on in the "Harden is overrated" thread, I thought this was a good perspective on the 23 year old star we're lucky to have on our team...

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/rockets/article/Stage-is-set-for-Harden-s-next-big-step-with-the-4450568.php

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

McHale: I let him go (iso) a lot

3. LAC

LAC Member

Harden: "I've brought them [the Rockets] along with me."
    I like this guy's cockiness. How about changing the team's name to Harden and the peeps.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He isn't wrong. He has done majority of the heavy lifting

5. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

This article is spot on- he has the ability.

Hopefully, management makes the right moves. Getting rid of Mchale definitely should be considered, IMHO...

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yeah, but he should know when to step aside when he's already hurting the team. It's called basketball IQ.

I think the honeymoon is over for the fanbase with Harden. He is beginning to feel the pressure of criticism. Will he respond by becoming a team player or a selfish player?

He should heed the history of TMac in Houston.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope he plays great tomorrow.

8. LAC

LAC Member

He isn't wrong but just imagine you and I working under a leader like that. Would you still want to put in 110% effort on a mission with this man? After all, we are just peeps who tag along. We've got our paycheck.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Probably was a bit too knee-jerk to make that thread.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nice, balanced article. Good to see coaches being constructively critical of his play, and praising all the good things he did this season. Looks like they understand the two areas he needs to improve is being a two-way player, and not holding on to the ball too much on offense. I was worried that they were actually fine with him doing that, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Doesn't look like they're going to curb his ISO tendacies anytime soon.

12. kumakun

kumakun Member

Thanks Harden for stealing the spotlight, when you go 8 and 9 TOs in one night you should also shoulder the responsibility. Still young but the team does NOT play much better when it's just Harden running the show all game, especially in the playoffs. For instance look at how z Denver beat GSW, no superstar but freaking Andrea Miller taking over when needed. Could you imagine last second Harden not holding the ball?? ;)

13. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Bad coaching harden needs to reduce offence by 20% and redirect to defence.

The team can pick up the 20% in offence.

ISo is very tiring over 48 min.

14. sean joh

sean joh Member

Will Harden do the postgame conference if he doesn't do well? especially in front of the OKC media?

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

"He can be that player," said Kelvin Sampson, the Rockets assistant who works most closely with Harden. "He will be when he becomes more serious about being a two-way player. It's not that important to him yet. When he makes that step, then he will be.

"James is uniquely gifted. But I don't think you can put James in the conversation with LeBron and those guys' level until he starts being a better two-way player. Also, James needs to be challenged. He's a guy that needs a firm hand occasionally. You have to keep your thumb on him occasionally."

16. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Why? :confused:

Post-type = Parish
    Elbow player = himself?

17. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Geez I wonder who you could possibly mean he's stealing the spotlight from.

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

if thats gonna make him better at ISOING i would go for it...perhaps he will adapt and improve...why not....learning curve has its downward areas before going up.....thats case in learning so many skills

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He doesn't think of them as peeps. He is a bit overconfident,he will learn from his errors.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

He is very young and already toying with greatness. I expect significant improvements next season. Parsons seems to be getting better. Lin will improve, perhaps a lot. T Jones has some serious upside. Smith is young, and Asik is starting for the first time. Keep this group together. Note to Morey: Tweek don't Turnover.