1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Some help at corner?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ChrisP, Aug 5, 2009.

1. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6561454.html

O'Neal used to be good with the Broncos. Is he still any good? We sure could use the veteran help.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

O'Neal gambles too much. He is one of those corners that looks great when you look at stats like interceptions, but really gets beat for far too many big plays. He played for the Bengals a couple of years ago, and the Bengals couldn't stop anybody passing the ball.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Chris McAlister please!!!

4. Summer Song Giver

Is he available? Why is he available? Age?

I'm down if he IS available.

GET IT DONE RICK!

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Bad corner play can sink a teams hopes for a good season very quickly, especially when safety isn't the teams strength either.

They have to get Dunta signed and into camp and he has to play back up to the level he was playing at before his injury.

I expect good things from this team but the secondary is my biggest concern.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

He is up there in age I think 33 and coming off an injury but hey why not take a shot at catching lightening in a bottle with a proven player.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't think they're out there looking for the next starter at corner. I actually think we're ok for now. Reeves won't be out for too terribly long. Glover Quin is having a fantastic camp and looks like he could fill in at starter, if not win the job outright.

That being the case, we'll have 3 potential starters in the fold when Reeves gets healthy...4 if Dunta gets his head out of his ass.