1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Solomon: Can you see Dwight Howard in a Rockets uniform?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, May 5, 2011.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

i can. but i can also see him in a lakers uniform, especially considering LA's playoff performance as of late.

LINK

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Low odds, but yeah. I think there's an outside chance.

Photoshop anybody? :)
    [​IMG]

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Another mediocre, pointless article from Solomon. Does he put any thought into this crap?

1 person likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It wouldn't hurt Solomon, once in a while, to actually write something without having an axe to grind. I don't mind critiquing and putting the local sports teams on blast but Jerome is acting like his pacifier left the same time McGrady did.

5. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Gotta love how he shoehorned 'assets' in there.

what a douche.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I used to hate Jerome's articles.. but if you actually read them, he makes his points. What do people have a problem about in that article? He might try to rile some people up with some sentences, but he does have a point.

1 person likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What kind of hack "writer" uses another newspaper's article as the basis for his own article?

The Chronicle is getting robbed by this moron. I never thought I'd say this but maybe it's just.....
    *ducks under table*
    Affirmative Action

1 person likes this.
  8. Braga

Braga Rookie

He's going to the Knicks.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's a blog post, not an article. And I don't know if your familiar with the concept of blogs, but linking to other material on the internet and then commenting on it is a very common and accepted practice.

10. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

well said, i agree with you

11. cdastros

cdastros Member

12. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

No.

Please do not put the link to another Solomon article in your post again. I might accidentally click it when I'm trying to click the ad banner and claim the iPad 2 I just won.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You know Solomon took a lot of heat last year, he was way early on calling out the Rocket's organization.

He looks like he was just way ahead of the game at this point.

DD

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What's point did he make here exactly?

Rockets are not relevant because.... the Orlando Sentinel didn't include them as a choice in their "Dress Dwight Howard App"?

15. snc

snc Member

The article didn't blow me away with insight but I don't see why people have such a huge problem with it.

Dwight Howard <i>probably</i> isn't coming here.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I wonder if there is a way that Clutch can put up an "interactive" petition that can be sent to the Chronicle to get this guy fired or stuck writing articles about home and gardening.

This guy says exactly what he thinks will push buttons among fans and the people within the sports franchise in order to get hits on his articles. The best thing to do with an article from King Douchebag is to just ignore it. He is just trying to get hits.

-On the subject of Dwight Howard.... this team and fans need to worry about getting the players they currently have to get better and to draft more quality players to either help this team win, or become better trade pieces in the act of a trade.

If the organization and the players do the right thing and keep improving, players like Dwight Howard will come eventually or will be easier to trade for, that is as long as Morey can keep this team as financially flexible in the meantime to make moves happen.

Financial flexibilty is key here, not just for your team, but the team that wants to trade for your players will want valuable contracts.

If this organization puts all their eggs in one basket named Dwight Howard then they will more than likely get left behind. However if they continue to collect quality draft picks, draft well, remain opportunistic in trades, and develop the young talent they have then good things will happen, and a player "like Dwight" will happen.

1 person likes this.
  17. Raven

Raven Member

:rolleyes:

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Huh? Because the Rockets org should've been called out... why, exactly?? :confused:

As for Howard, why would he go to the Lakers? He'd be playing with a 32-going-on-40 year old Kobe, an aging Ron-Ron, the roller coaster that is Lamar Odom, and a batch of mediocre role players. From the looks of things, Pau won't last through the off season this summer.

Not saying Dwight will play in Houston, but I can't see him going to LA.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Solomon is trolling, and it wouldn't bother me one bit if his articles were banned.

1 person likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

For their actions not following their words.

When snippets get out that Les was holding Van Gundy responsible for the number of fans coming to the game - I mean honestly....lol.

Solomon is a guy who is looking at the bottom line of results, and the Rockets have not been getting it done, and their plan of getting assets to get a star has so far been a failure.

Doesn't mean it won't eventually work, but don't trot out marketing bits like the Rox were the best team without an all-star in history, that just points out that the organization failed to get any real talent and the coach did a great job of cobbling something together that worked.

Then this year, the same coach does it again, and what happens the org tells him to hit the bricks.......I understand it, Rick wanted to win, DM wanted to develop players, it happens, ironically the team will be worse and no guarantee of it getting better any time soon - I wonder if Les will like the empty Toyota Center and will blame the young coach that is tasked with developing players etc....not a real tennable situation if you ask me.

Then there is this whole "Les will pay the Lux tax" statement, the Rox finally paid the Lux tax this year, but it was a very small amount (Under $1 million I believe - Bima?), but that was completely tempered by the $8 million that insurance paid on Yao's contract....so essentially they paid a little tax and netted more than $6 million to the bottom line.

I like DM, but at the end of the day, this is his last shot, he either gets it right with a coach and trades his assets (I never said that) for a superstar player, or I am convinced that Les will run him out of town in the next few years too.

Les, to me, is the problem, he is the guy that sets the course.......the buck stops there, but he seems to want to blame everyone else.

AWESOMENESS !!!

DD

1 person likes this.