1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Chron] Rockets wait as Lewis weighs options (Agent says Rockets a long shot)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/4936714.html

Duff is being a bit rough with the Rockets. It sounds like he and Lewis must have already talked about the possibility. We'll see what happens after Morey talks to him.

Oh and I don't think Orlando will have the cap room to sign Lewis after they resign Darco. Maybe they could sign Lewis first and then once they are over the cap they can use their Bird Rights to resign Darco. It would be nice if they also had to work a sign and trade.

#1 Brando2101, Jul 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

It's a long because we have nothing the sonics want in a Sign & Trade . i cant see why the sonics would want our trash( Alston ,V Span , Lucas and co). also the MLE wont cut it. were better off trying to get Artest.

BTW, I've been on the Joe Smith bandwagon since day 1. if we get him for the Vet minimum, i'll be ecstatic.

4. The Hungarian Rocket

That's the problem (you have to put sg next to Sura's contract).

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Warriors should trade their 10mil exception for Lewis. That way the West remains absolutely ridiculous. Screw the East.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rashard would have to force the issue. If the Rockets offered a contract starting at 13M, he accepts, and makes it clear he won't re-sign with Seattle.

To get anything back they agree to a S&T.

Rockets could offer a package of Battier+Sura+Lucas. After waiving Sura and Lucas, Sonics would be only taking back 7.4M after trading away Lewis for 13M.

This deal could also be attractive to Sonics because of the depth they already have on their roster from 1 to 15th man (including Lewis). Battier would be the only player needed as a replacement for Rashard.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

damn i guess rashard hates houston for passing him over. could his agent be more b****y?

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

that's why they would want battier.

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I left Battier out of the equation simply because i think the rockets are really high on this guy. they value him highly. it would have to a bonafide last resort scenario to trade him. At first they might offer a Sura, Rafer and a JL111 packiage, but i think the sonics would laugh at that and would rather Shard just walk.
    BTW, With Durant and green, the sonics dont really need battier anymore. both those guys are SF's. the sonics are looking for hardworking work horse type bigs. miami could offer a Haselem and a cap filler deal that would trump whatever we throw at them. a J willams and haselem offer adresses more of the sonics needs then a say rafer and battier deal would.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If you are a man, you never forget the few times you have cried in your life.

It does not matter if Mother Teresa was the new GM and running the show in Houston. Lewis will never forgive the Rockets for that draft night.

If he does, Mother Teresa has got nuthin over Rashard.

Someone send over the tape of Lewis in tears to Morey.

This is payback time as far as Mr. Rashard is concerned.

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

What if we get the blazers to get involved. the blazers want SF like battier badly. the sonics want a Powerford like a Alridge or channingfry badly.
    Battier and Suras expirerto portland.
    Fry and Outlaw to seattle.
    Lewis to houston.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

if they didn't they wouldn't be chasing after rashard like they are.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Stop the pipedream Morey. Stop trying to cover up your ****ty draft picks. All you've done so far is a predetermined trade with Mike Jamess. Woohoo!

We will not attract any big name free agents. Let's all thank rocket management for drafting some other loser in front of Lewis that draft year.

14. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

This is good. I'd rather go after one of Denver's bigs.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Shard and Battier are completely different players. Rashard is head and shoulders above battier. they dont wanna lose him. but if they were to agree to a sign and trade, the SF would'nt be there first priority. there looking for a haselem or another workhorse.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so your advice is to quit trying. you should consider a career in motivational speaking.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really don't want Rashard anymore, his salary would hurt the team in the long run, and his play is sort of redundant in what we already have on the Roster.

And, he seems to be soft.

The Rockets screwed up by not drafting him in the first place, I just hope they don't overpay trying to remedy that wrong.

I would rather they go get a quality PF.....and go from there.

DD

18. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

All we've seen so far is that Morey is the master of misdirection. I would not be suprised to see a deal with Atlanta or some other NBA team materializing.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he is a long shot that prob won't work out.

we keep hearing joe smith and mikki moore. i would hope we stay away from moore. he's coming off of one good season. you shouldn't buy-high on those kind of FA's.

joe smith would replace juwon. decent rebounder, good mid range J. vet leadership. the word is the phily really wants him back but i bet at his age he wants to go to a winning team. he's a decent fit, but at PF we need someone who can finish at the rim as much as we need a shooter.

20. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

zero chance