1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets tuned in to Redick

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by mikezamir, Jun 4, 2006.

1. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

I"m sure if they got the 4th pick, they wouldn't give it up. Chances are they'll draft Roy.

2. aburttschell

aburttschell Contributing Member

The fact of the matter is, you don't draft a Steve Kerr or Matt Bullard with the No. 8 pick overall.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Getting the #4 pick and then giving it up for a bust like JR Smith plus the #12 & #15 would be insane. JR Smith is worth about zero or maybe slightly less. I would give up a 2nd rounder for him, maybe. Seems like some people think his problems are all about his relationship with Byron Scott. No. He just isn't that good a player. Maybe he will screw his head on right in 4-5 years and get better; maybe not.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree. Teams dont trade up to then trade back down. Teams trade up when they are targetting a specific player. I agree, if we trade up to 6,5 or 4, it is because we are targetting a player and we are going to take them, whether it be Roy or Gay.

5. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Normally I agree with you that teams dont trade up to trade down. But I think the Rox would seriously consider drafting JJ with the 8. Also I think they believe he will be there at 12. The only reason I bring this scenario up is cuz NO wont give up the 12 and 15 plus Smith to move up 4 spots. And the blazers dont want the 12, 15 and Smith in exchange for the 4. The Rox would be a go between and maybe even draft whoever NO wants at the 4 and then make the trade after the draft.

Basically I think a lot of people here would be okay if the Rox do nothing but draft JJ with the 8. I know a lot want brewer or carney at the 8 but there is no doubt many would be fine with JJ. This would be a way to get JJ plus a bunch more and only lose Howard in the process.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Actually if you saw the poll the vast majorityof people here don't want Redick at #8. The volume and length of posts by the ones that want him there may be misleading you. Redick is most definitely NOT the main focus by most Clutchfans. And since the Rox have interviewed and worked out a couple of the high profile picks recently, that should just about kill the weird notion they would trade up to #4 for the purpose of trading down to #12/#15.

7. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

If yall want shooters, sign Mike James and Jumaine Jones. And with the eight draft Brewer. He adds more flexibility to the offense and is defensively sound.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Flexibility? He can't even bend his shooting elbow, the guy is Rhodrick Rhodes reincarnate.....without the attitude.

:D

DD

9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Size, can play 3 positions, defensive minded, can get to the hole, can find the open man.

IMAGINE LINEUP

Ming
    Mcgrady
    Brewer
    James
    Alston
    That's four players that can create off the dribble. It's a lot of different lineups that JVG can throw out their. This guy just has more to offer for the Rockets.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

James and Alston would create a really small backcourt. I think they're looking for size at the 2 guard and James won't give us that. James will have to settle for being a bench player on this team, plain and simple.

Also, McGrady can't play the 4 spot. The guy is already weakened by his back and taking all that physical punishment on the post from the various power forwards of the league would only make things much much worse.

11. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm not saying this is the starting lineup, but a lineup you can throw out their if you want to go small. You can also go big with Brewer at the pt.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Somebody fess up now. Who just called Sportingnewsradio about taking Redick at #8?

13. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Whoever it was, I'm glad they called out whoever the host was for dissing Yao Ming. I'm surprised there isn't a thread on that. Dude was calling Yao an average player, naming him in the same breath as Darko, and later called Yao a 7'5" stiff. He dissed Yao for not averaging 20 pts a game! Hello? I think he proved at the end of last season that he is very capable, and he DID average 20+ pts.

:mad:

14. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Who the hell was the host? A 7'5" stiff? This guys gonna dominate the league nextyear, probably 28 and 13 maybe a MVP candidate.

15. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

The Rockets goal for the next season, is to not hear Bill Worrell say that the Rockets can't buy a basket.

Make it so. :D

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I originally left this thread in the Rockets forum because it was about Redick working out specifically with the Rockets, but I'm moving it to the draft forum now since it has become THE thread covering the Redick debate.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This only upsets me only because it was the 2nd biggest trade in the GARM. Plus, the discussions have been good the whole time. I'd honestly like to see it back in the original forum because the discussions arguing Redick's ability are predominantly argued with respect to what his role on the Rockets would be.

My panties feel all bunched up.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looks like the point is moot with the Rockets getting all these draft trade deals.

DD

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks for moving the thread.