1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Rockets say help not needed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Screw_ston713, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Screw_ston713

Screw_ston713 Member

[Chron] Rockets say help not needed

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6861121.html

A report on Yahoo.com on Wednesday had the Rockets talking with the Knicks and Wizards about a deal in which the Rockets would receive Butler and Brendan Haywood from Washington, with the Wizards receiving Al Harrington from the Knicks. A person with knowledge of the talks said that particular deal has not been discussed, but that there have been discussions about three-team trades. Those deals are not considered more likely than direct trades and not expected until next Wednesday or Thursday if at all.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I think they are talking about jose and his Cleveland trade as the person with knowledge of the talks

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=181763

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

help not needed but they're still active in trade talks??
    please do this trade and get it over with . It's hurting our team.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This is a message from Morey to Walsh in NY --

"That particular deal has not been discussed" -- a three way deal aint happening as reported b/c Washington wants more, and that more is coming from you.

"Those deals are not considered more likely than direct trades" -- If you don't pony up, you're not going to get Tmac to sell your tickets. We'll deal wiht Washington directly.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Reiterates what the Washington insider said earlier. This or rather that particular deal has no legs to it(atm)

6. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Help not needed? I guess the Chronicle is not watching Rockets games either these days. They need all the help they can get and it's coming in the lottery if not by trade.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

with all this talk about butler to houston this trade better go down!

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the players say help is not needed. that's different than morey saying it, which he didn't in that article.

9. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

We need a big. That's the bottom line... A 3-team deal would of been easier with T-Mac's big ass contract... Believe it or not all these trade rumors are getting me excited. :grin:

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

UM help is obviously needed...Did anyone watch the Miami game? Yeah we can use some help...Good bluff though Rockets organization.

11. wfox

wfox Member

man, something better go down.

It's soooo much better to whine and moan about a trade than to complain about not making a trade.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

even the players didnt really say it, they just think tehy can make the playoffs without help, title is very misleading..

13. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

way to go, the organization is doing the right thing, though obviously we need help, you should never say it... otherwise, you would not get a good trade offer.............

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just thinking out loud..

15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You expect the players to say that, and I would probably be disappointed if they said otherwise. In fact, it could be seen as a mutiny if they all started clamoring for a trade and would hurt the team's leverage in trades. Cam you imagine if the players had been quoted as saying "we're doomed if we don't get help quick" or, "this team just can't cut it with the players we have now?" Who on this team could point to a teammate and say that person isn't pulling their weight or they aren't playing well consistently without first saying it about themselves? The team obviously needs help, but if there isn't a trade out there that fits the plan, or hurts the team long term, I think they want people to understand that they will still play hard every night depite being regularly overmatched.

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Finally coming over to the Darkside(Amare Bandwagon)? lol

18. OpportunityCost

Help not needed?? Sounds like someone is in that long river in Egypt.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha I'm torn on Amar'e. He is not good on the defensive end(either is soft and/or isn't told to play defense so he doesn't), and wants max money. I don't agree that he is a max money player, but the more and more I think about it, I'd probably take Amar'e considering the other offers that appear to be out there.

Though from the piece from ESPN that I showed, it sounds as if they wouldn't be necessarily be swapped for each other but more of McGrady to team X, Stoudemire to team Y and team X and/or Y sending pieces to Houston. But as I said, the more I think about it, yeah I'd probably take Stoudemire. That doesn't seem realistic at this point in time though.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

fixed