1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets regard former teammate fondly in return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Dec 7, 2010.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

tracy did some stuff to anger rockets fans in his later years here but his best year here was 2004-2005 even though we did not get out of the first round.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYnskAufGwM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYnskAufGwM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    went beast mode in the dallas games one and two and game 5
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GoF-1YPM5Cw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GoF-1YPM5Cw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rK6galQrajw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rK6galQrajw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/On3mcD7LSaE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/On3mcD7LSaE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    went crazy one game in dallas 2007
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V5HCiAH20d4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V5HCiAH20d4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Tmac went from my equal favorite player to a guy I just couldn't give a **** about after he announced his surgery before even telling the Rockets.

So thanks Tmac for the exciting plays, and screw you for being an absolute wanker.

3. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I meant to post this here, but accidently posted it in the Tmac interview thread.

I can't stand TMac! can't speak for all of the rowdies tonight, but I will not be nice about his return! I'm sure in our section we'll have mixed feelings like the rest of the crowd at the Toyota Center. I became a big time Rockets fan in preseason 07-08, so prior to that, I didn't really pay much attention to him. Other than the 22 win streak, these are my memories of tmac

1. injuries, injuries, injuries: back, shoulder, knee...
    2. "The Toronto Game" thank you someone for posting that video
    3. When he dressed in his uniform without getting the okay to play
    4. asking for more playing time
    5. It's my fault
    6. announcing micro-fracture surgery before telling the Rockets
    7. never making it to the 2nd round

"A true person's character is revealed when they face adversity."
    I never liked the way he carried himself. Whether it was losing, facing criticism, or an injury. From a basketball standpoint, I absolutely hated his "I'm going to hold the ball,then shoot a stepback/fadeaway" shot. Never seemed to make those.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Considering that by your own admission most of your impression of him was created during the end of his time with the Roxs it seems fairly myopic.

I'm hardly a TOF or TOH, I've seen way too many players come and go since I've been following the Rockets but I think it's well past the expiration date to continue on mindless hatred.

He's gone, we got some solid pieces back and we are in the middle of a new era since the Tracy Yao era didn't work out.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I've been told that it's a thin line between love and hate...

6. GRENDEL

Consider me apathetic about the situation by this point....

7. 00rocketgirl

I basically acknowledged my opinion on him was almost entirely myopic which is why I included that bit about how long I had been a fan. But thanks for labeling it.

I was a fan of his in the 07-08 season, but my loyalties to the Rockets and believing it was best for the team that he was not longer a part of it, made me think otherwise.
    I've got 6 Tmac jerseys though SMH.
    home replica
    away replica
    away swingman
    1970s throwback
    championship jersey throwback
    allstar jersey

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I guess if I was a big Rockets fan starting in the 07-08 season I would dislike the guy too, but if you were a big fan when he got here in the 04-05 season I feel you would really appreciate this guy.

Throughout my life, I have always been a big fan of the Rockets but the McGrady era brought me to be a die hard, I did not miss a single game. It sucks the way he left but if I was at the game I would give him a standing O.

People keep posting that Toronto game, but seriously McGrady elevated his game when it mattered the most which is in the playoffs. Though he did not get past the first round the his best team consisted of Rafter Alston, John Barry, Bob Sura, Juwan Howard, David Wesley, Shane Battier and a young Yao Ming. It is kind of hard to win a playoff series with that group but people still bash the guy.

When he was healthy he was a force in the NBA. People only remember a few bad spots that try to block everything he has done for the Rockets.

9. GRENDEL

I don't disagree with that because I've always cheered for the jerseys first and I've been a fan of my 2 major sports teams (Chicago Bears and Rockets) for 25+ years.

Point being that once a headache isn't on my team anymore I'm not going to waste my efforts on hating a problem I don't have to deal with anymore, I felt the same way once SF3 was traded....

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Blah. I have 3.

Note to self - only buy Hakeem Olajuwon jerseys from now on.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yepper, I hear you. Look at it this way: In five years, who's going to care?

12. 00rocketgirl

I guess for me, I'm just trying to build some anticipation up for what would normally be a non exciting game against the Pistons. Going to almost all of the home games the last 2 seasons and this one, you kind of look for ways to make some of the less exciting games more exciting. The return of Tmac is one way. It'll be a lot of fun to see what the fan reactions are tonight and have a good time poking fun at TMac. Hate doesn't really boil inside of me for Tmac but his last 2 years with the Rockets certainly affected the way I view him. I did have a fun time watching him play during the 22 streak, the 13 in 30 video is pretty darn cool, but because I hated the way he ended things in Houston, because I was slightly inspired by and jealous of the crowd in Cleveland, and because I want to make this game a little bit more memorable and eventful, today is my Tmac hate day. :)

13. 00rocketgirl

I think I got 4 of them after he got traded at thrift stores! Since 4 of the 6 are swingmen jerseys I just unstitched his name off!! hahaha.

Yeah Hakeem is the only safe way to go with jerseys. I actually just bought red and yellow jerseys of Maxwell and Cassell last night on eBay.

14. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Perfectly stated.
    My sentiments exactly.

15. Crudder

Crudder Member

Unfortunately, these words ring pretty true in Houston and probably most sports organizations. In the Tmac-Yao era, Tmac had the brunt of the blame placed on his shoulders because of the expectations that came in with him. However, I don't really blame him for feeling this way - the truth is back then, we just didn't have the pieces. In a lot of ways, we still don't have the pieces now so the blame has gotta fall on someone...seems like it's Adelman right now.

Although he left on bad terms, he definitely still deserves a polite clap in Houston for what he's done here.

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I think people have to get over the whole Tracy thing.
    It's starting to feel like a weird relationship, where time has gone by and if you haven't moved on by this point, you are probably a psycho. ;)

I'd be respectful enough to applaud, then sit down and watch the freakin' game.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to transfer 100 of my own rep points to you.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Actually the summer Mac arrived in Houston was the also the departure of Shaq to Miami. Not trying to ruin your very good post but when talking about something this historical we must be clear cut as possible.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

T-Mac from 2004-2007 was the best player of the decade for the Houston Rockets, not even close.

He should get applause.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Damn, when you pick up a hobby, you REALLY pick one up.