1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets find their defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I can't believe it... Solomon and I agree about something...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/rockets/6843095.html

I have said it most of this season.. I think at this point Carl knows how to play his position defense, but doesn't focus in on it regularly.

The defense isn't just about not having Yao in the middle... and Solomon and I agree... probably be the only time this season we do.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Carl really needs to focus on his defense. Luis is more consistent, defensively, but isn't nearly as athletic. Landry needs to turn up that part of his game.

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Chuck pwns Alridge every time the two teams meet. This time.. he pwned him on the offensive end for 2-3 possessions! Was really nice to watch..

4. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

In fact, I dont see much good defense in this game.....
    Maybe they play good defense while atdhe admin blocked the link
    and thus, i cannot notice it. :grin:

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Did not watch the game live on tv so that I don't know what's right or not right.

I just knew it from the boxscore that we got outscored in the first by 10 points, play-by-play showed we were just playing some fugly basketball towards the end of the first period.

Should have found our defense earlier but sooner enough then never, glad we did it in this game and earned a well-deserving win.

6. ThaShark316_28

No one touches us (for the most part) when we slap some defense on the opponent.

The last few games have been hell, almost unwatchable because of poor effort on D. Seriously, watching your team play bad defense can be HIGHLY annoying. I still say the worst game I've seen all year was the game vs MIA. Layups and dunks like THAT? *shudders*

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

At least one of those times was Chuck taking Juwan Howard. I need to watch the other two, but I know the one time he drove in he beat Howard.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hayesfan,

I am discusseded with you for agreeing with Jerome Saruman. His an ijot.

9. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

found their defense... then lost their ability to make a F/T

10. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

potlands bech was playing illeagal ft defense in the last minute.... :rolleyes:

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The Rockets success will be determined by their defensive play down this stretch. They have no room for errors and the key to all successful incarnations of Rockets basketball have always been the ability to play good defense, with a solid but rarely overwhelming offense.

12. LifeisButaDream

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

"It is as if the Rockets aren’t interested in getting nasty. Jeff Van Gundy’s rough-and-tumble squad is now a cutesy finesse team that tries to outscore everybody. We have to live with it."

This....