1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets’ oft-criticized Lin promises improvement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, May 5, 2013.

1. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere....
    My favorite part of this story....Coach McHale in Jeremy's corner. That's all that matters...that, and of course his belief in himself and his willingness to put the work in to improve (which I'm sure he has). If Coach believes in him, it doesn't matter what the myriad internet detractors think.

And this, from Jonathan Feigen, I like as well:

2 people like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

At least Lin ins't discouraged. No doubt he will get better int the off season, but will it be enough.

He desperately needs a cross over and consistency in his shot.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good article. Thanks for posting. I wouldn't expect any less from Lin. I hope to see him back & better next season.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Of course someone rated it 1 star.

5. thekad

thekad Member

He better improve, but hopefully we can pick up a star PG in the summer and won't have to care about him anymore.

6. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Positive article.

Have gained a lot of respect for Mr. Lin -- he's holds him accountable for all of his actions.

Refreshing.

I must say CarolNYC, you have really made my husband and I into fans of Mr. Lin.

We followed Mr. Harden here from OKC lol

Look forward to seeing your postings next season!

1 person likes this.
  7. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

I definitely hope so. He can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

Let's see. I am patient, and more than willing to give chances.

8. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

he walks the walk better than someone who talks talks talks

9. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Your reply is baffling.

I did not compare him to anyone in my post, I hope he can live up to his promises, and I sincerely hope he does great!

But again, with the knee-jerk defensiveness ... just unbelievable.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Need some Kenny Smith workouts

11. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

He's been walking the walk his whole life. Where have you been?

12. harden man

harden man Member

Lins not going anywhere.....top scoring back court in the NBA? Lin is not the problem. Down low is where the problem is....get a 4 that's nasty and can score....improve the bench....and the natural improvement of these young players will get the rockets to the promised land

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If he can improve as the Rocket's starting PG, then more power to him and the Rockets. I look forward to see if he can show us the same offseason improvement that Lowry showed.

14. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Too bad we had to sign him instead of Dragic. Would have been nice to have the Dragon in the playoffs. Lin is not good and seems to be weak. He gets tired easily. It will be hard to dump his contract so he better do some HGH and/or Steroids or something in the offseason as well as develop a 3 point shot, cause we're stuck with him.

15. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

just let it go, its almost a year since we let Dragic go and you still cant move on?

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I'm tired of Lin talking about how he needs improvement, etc. This whole good-guy, try-hard thing just feeds the feeling out there that he's not good and he's just an asian marketing gimmick. I'm not saying he doensn't need to improve. Hell, Harden needs to improve too.

I'm just saying that he needs to approach this differently. I'd much rather Lin say something like:

"This was my first full year as a starter and it went very well. We accomplished a lot as a team, and I was a big part of that. Like everyone else, I'm a young player with room to improve, but this whole team, myself included, had an excellent showing our first year together and I look forward to us all growing together in the future."

When Tiger shoots a 70 in the opening round of the Masters and is 4 off the pace, you don't hear him talk about needing to improve, try hard. Tiger says this is a good start, I'm right there where I need to be, etc.

The NBA is a league of confidence and whether you have it or not, you better act like it. Not act like an ass, or pound your chest when you suck. But choose your words in a way that shows self confidence, and does not leave open the room for others to beat you down.

I don't doubt Lin's heart or commitment to the game. I do wonder if he's enough of a dick to take it to the next level.

1 person likes this.
  17. wapz

wapz Member

jeremy better talk with his buddies novak and curry on how to improve his 3s to a high 30th percentile.

33 is respectable, but he has to bring it to 38. im sure he can do this with his mentality. mchale actually did well in developing him, spot up 3pt shooting gives nba players longevity in the league.

cant wait for the new season :p

18. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

This is great to hear. I'm one of the ones that likes to speculate about trades and just mess around with the roster, but when it comes down to it, Jeremy is more than likely going to be our starting PG next year, and I can't wait to see if he holds good to his promises! He's such a genuine guy so I believe it.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

So glad there's some positive reinforcement coming from the people that actually matter.

Lin will improve. He has the right menality to push himself to get better, to be like the Tony Parkers and Mike Conleys of the league (not saying he will, but that he wants to be)

20. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Dentyne....I must commend you on your positive postings. BTW, are you in HI?