1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Rice basketball player stabbed to death

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by leroy, Apr 5, 2007.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4691124.html

Rice basketball player Bailey stabbed to death

Sophomore guard was involved in an altercation outside a College Station bar

By MOISEKAPENDA BOWER
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Jonathan Bailey, a sophomore guard at Rice University, was stabbed to death this morning after a confrontation at a College Station bar. Bailey turned 22 on Wednesday.

Bailey, a transfer from Texas State and Beaumont West Brook graduate, and his twin brother, Janson, were found by College Station police at about 1:45 a.m. in the 100 block of Lodge Street. The Bailey brothers, both of whom suffered multiple stab wounds, were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital by College Station Fire Department personnel.

Jonathan Bailey was later pronounced dead; Janson is undergoing treatment.

According to a preliminary investigation, the Bailey brothers had been involved in an altercation with other people inside the V-Bar at 110 College Main. Those involved were asked to leave the premises, but a fight erupted outside and continued down Patricia Street. and concluded on Lodge.

The suspects fled on foot eastbound towards Nagle Street. Two suspects were located about nine hours later and are speaking with detectives.

In his first season of eligibility with the Owls, Bailey logged 10 minutes over four games, scoring four points while dishing out an assist. He didn't play during the 2005-06 season.

:(

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

damn that sucks. i think i played against him at the rec center back when i was still in school at texas state. Alot of the players would play there during offseason.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I heard about that. Sad indeed.

4. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Horrible news... :(

5. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

That's tragic. My prayers go out to the family.

6. astrorockette

astrorockette Member

That really sucks. Being stabbed is a horrible way to lose your life. My prayers are with their family.

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Oh my, so many death threads. RIP. I might have seen him (on the bench) when Rice played UH earlier this year.

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

what has the world come to? RIP