1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey's outlook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jan 18, 2016.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i won't disagree there. hell i started my original post by saying there are times where i'm just about ready to ship him off myself. but he's young enough where at the very least you let him play out his contract, barring some catastrophic situation where harden becomes untenable.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

True! I felt like I cursed those guys when I heard their names in conversations, especially Noah.

I really liked the prospect of his passing from the top of the circle. We need that.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yup, that's the big difference. Young hot head Akeem busted his guts every night on the court.

His problem with the team was "we need warriors!"

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

You know who is really good at that?

Pau.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I can see, perhaps, our interest in Gibson (Chicago). Tenacious and good rebounder.

Washington I'm not so sure about. Nenê comes to mind, if only because he's big and can rebound when he isn't injured, and Morey loves expiring contracts (Noah and Jack were both).

But Washington would want to hold onto that big expiring contract so they can chase Durant (unless they realize he ain't showing up, except once a year when the Thunder play in DC).

6. dmoneybangbang

And forgotten about the injuries... This team is built around chaos. We have seen how powerful it is when it is clicking, but it just isn't inconsistent. Rockets remind me of the current Astros, built to hit home runs.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Pau, who today scored 31 points and grabbed 12 rebounds and dished out 3 assists and blocked 3 shots........despite this being his 27th year in the league? THAT Pau?

Wonder if Pau would even go for the idea of pairing off with Dwight, who he and Kobe collectively s**t on when teammates in L.A.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Since that was a deal that would have been DHo, presumably, as 1 of the 3 (2-1?) it could only have been effected IMO if DHo had bought in. Yes, no?

Is there a DHo deal in which he would buy-in and 'agree' to sign back with in July? Cavs come to mind, Love/Moz-DHo/TJo seems like a lay-up if #12 wants to align with the Lebron star.

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

If he doesn't like it, he's a professional and will keep his mouth shut. Worse case scenario he walks in the summer which gives us more room to offer Horford the max.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

"I know that when we make the playoffs … we'll definitely be one of the teams that no one wants to play," Morey said.

It‘s nonsense

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Did not like the article. Felt forced and should make fans feel more uneasy than anything.

We are willing to let this team ride into the playoffs because they are going to show up? LOL.

We need to ether try to slip into the lottery or acquire a player that has enough talent to push this group over the top. Pau Gasol may be a feasible example.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

good points and I hear what you're saying... For me the question is fire. Idk James personally. It comes down to if you think he's going to buckle down and become devoted to the game... or if he is who he is and he has other priorities that will always trump out...
    Honestly, I wish I knew... Based on what I see and what he says (those that matter dont mind and those that mind dont matter...) - I dont have high hopes...
    I could be wrong, maybe the guy will get his head on straight... but I'd rather deal with players who have less talent but work than someone infinitely talented that has to be prodded... just my opinion...

13. dmoneybangbang

I'd be very cautious reading too much into Morey's words before the trade deadline, his past actions suggest we aren't letting this "team" ride into the playoffs.

Bulls and Rockets are both sellers and buyers so it'll be interesting to see if something shakes out with them having AB, Snell, Gibson, and Pau.

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Exactly. There is absolutely no way he really believes that.

15. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Can anyone name a talented but LAZY player, that ever eventually became a hard working player? I can't think of ONE example. The MJ and Hakeem comparisons don't fly, since they both had drive & fire in their belly from the time they started playing.

James shows more passion than total stiffs like Antoine Walker, Joe Barry Carroll, and Lamar Odom ever did....but he has the Allen Iverson/Adrian Dantley tendencies to go 'all in' on offense (only when controlling the rock) and go into full 'operation shutdown' on D. Both Iverson and Dantley had acceptable defensive metrics early in their career before pulling the plug on any defensive effort after about year 4. James is at a crossroads. He can either return to reasonable effort (like he produced in '14-'15), or stay the turnstile/matador he is now (and was all season in '13-'14).

I do wish we'd hired Thibs to kick his ass every day to put in effort, and lead by example.

1 person likes this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey forgets how many times does this team have first-round-playoffs-exit.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"and JB is very good too, he'll have some tough decisions to make as well..."

translation: we are going to fire the shiiiiiiiit out of this guy as soon as the season is over and miss out on allllll the good coaches because Les is a pusssyy asss biiiiatch.

I feel ya Morey.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans have been burned by the last three franchise players.
    Francis: overrated, low IQ
    Yao: injury prone
    McGrady: weak minded

So far, Hakeem was the only one who came through the tough time. And don't forget, Dream could have won our championship much, much earlier if Sampson didn't get hurt, and Wiggins, Lloyd, and Lucas didn't get busted for cocaine. He took us to the Finals in his second year.

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

You can't say your about to win a championship with a straight face while having a intern head coach

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that's why daryl doesn't do tv interviews just radio