1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Justice: Rockets Poised for Dream Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Oct 26, 2008.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6075429.html

[rquoter]
    Thanks, Leslie Alexander. You, too, Daryl Morey. Good work all around. Enjoy the ride.

Rockets fans know nothing is guaranteed. Do they ever. Broken this, torn that. The Rockets have had their share, haven’t they?

Fans of this franchise probably also know how lucky they are to have the two of you in charge. You’ve assembled one of the NBA’s five best rosters, and you did it without ever once complaining about payroll or draft position.

You just went out and did it. You sent a message that the Rockets are about winning a championship. Period. As an organization, your philosophy couldn’t be simpler.

There’s no way of knowing how this thing is going to turn out because there’s still going to be some luck involved. But in terms of having an owner committed to winning and a general manager who is both creative and aggressive, the Rockets couldn’t ask for more.

Now here’s hoping the basketball gods do the right thing. They’ve taken their pound of flesh over and over.

Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming were on the floor together for just 40 games last season. Nothing new there. They’ve both missed so much time, it has become unusual to see them on the floor together.

And that’s what this season is about. About catching a break. About hoping the stars can stay on the floor.

When the Rockets put McGrady and Yao on the floor together four years ago, they believed they had the cornerstone of a championship team in place.

[/rquoter]

I seem to remember Justice being firmly against the trade when it happened. He thought it would make the team better, but it was wrong to try to improve the team by adding a person like Ron Artest. He was pretty vicious in his dissection of Ron's character. But he seems to have toned down those reservations. Now it's merely "risk", and he's even thanking Les and Morey for the acquisition.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

thanks.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

bandwagoner

4. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

When mcgrady yao play together we have 171 wins to only 69 losses. if we keep them on the floor, anything is possible.

5. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Great # for total wins so far! :D

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Justice flips again? Shocker. :rolleyes:

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

First Artest technical and get ready for the "I told you so" from Justice. I'll bet he has already written it and simply has to add in what team it happens against a few game details and SEND.

8. engr chris

engr chris Member

No mention of Artest?

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

WUT THE.... isn't this the same guy predicting Artest will be a bust? isn't this the same guy telling Les stay away from decision making?
    I don't get it, how can a person change his mind so quickly, maybe hurricane Ike hit his head?

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Writer and Journalists follow where the money goes. If the media say we suck, they will say we suck. When the rockets start winning, the media will sa we're good, and a chain reaction occurs where every journalists writes about how good the Rockets are.

Justice is just another guinea pig of the media society. When we make some sort of mistake, this guy will be the first on the Rocket's ass. When we win, he's the first to praise us.

Media has gone down hill ever since Britney Spears went downhill. We won't be getting any good jounalism for a long long while

11. devin23

devin23 Member

My sentiment exactly.

12. Htown57

Htown57 Member

The old Justice article in question:

So, basically, what we can conclude from this (and any other reading of Justice articles) is what many have come to realize over the years: Richard Justice sucks. He has nothing interesting to say. He is a w**** to popular opinion.

Here is a photographic representation of Justice's consistency as a columnist:
    [​IMG]

I guess it's a good thing that he's on board...

....for now :rolleyes:

13. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Just wait 'till we lose the first game...

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

is justice bisexual cz this man goes both ways too many times, its ridiculous

15. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

lol. This guy is the epitome of band wagoner. Wasn't he bashing Artest's character like a month or two ago. Geeze.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

the ability to correct inaccuracies is a strength.

not that i'm trying to discourage the endless whining. its the de facto backdrop for clutchfans ...

whine if we're picked to win, whine if we're picked to lose. second round playoffs may be challenging, but wailing, we've perfected that.

17. Raven

Raven Member

All that guy cares about how many people read his columns or blog, and the minute I realized he placed a higher premium on stirring **** up than writing honest opinions, I immediately lost interest in anything he had to say. I keep hoping if people simply stop paying attention to him that the Chronicle won't renew his contract and he'll go troll somewhere else.

18. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND WAGON...