1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron Hypo] Trading Roy O

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rodrick_98, Jul 8, 2007.

1. MaxwellsTemper

Agreed. Mistake number one was reading the Chronicle for anything MLB related.. its terrible.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Ah yes, even though I stuck by my boys during the05-06 campaign when we sucked ass and got the 8th pick, just to in-return be bummed out by the battier trade (at the time we all were upset and didnt realize what a compliment battier was) yet still sticking by, especially throughout our playoff drought in the late 90's.

And we only have 2 teams in my mind. The Texans will never be to me a '3rd' team. The only 'amusing' thing I see is the die-hard Texans fans, they are like Cub fans... You feel bad for them year in and year out but respect them for always being faithful to their ****ty franchise.

I wanted Vince Young but thats not why I hate the Texans, I hate the Texans for many reasons but I think they disrespected us when they played the Kubiak 'Houstonian' angle up just to basically turn around and say Vince Youngs location was a non-factor. Just like I think the Dynamo disrespected us when they blatently let us choose the name and when we chose our name they gave us the big middle finger and said 'No'

Don't let me vote on a name that you proposed to just take it away after it got the Majority of the vote, this is America dammit not some dictatorship.. We vote for our president and the majority vote lets us decide who our president us, you let us vote so let the majority vote dictate the name.. bastards but yeh thats a whole new subject

3. lil_v12

lil_v12 Member

Roy is our best pitcher .... don't think the astros have ever been a team that wins because they score alot of runs.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

uhm... seems silly to have to point out the nearly 80 years that separate the team's degrees of ****tiness.... but, well.....

(sigh....)

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Good questions
    As of today, probably doubtful i would...

The scenario I had in my mind was, optimistically hoping, that if Jennings can remain injury free the 2nd half and just pitch average in those starts, a contending team might look to add him for the stretch run. A team that might have win-now goals and might deal a long term prospect.

I just conveniently used the players in the Jennings trade as an example of his value and removed a player (Buchholz) to make it look like diminishing returns. But at this moment, instead of Hirsh-Willy T it'd be more Buchholz/backup cather now

Another player also way underperforming, and has the "needs change of scenery" label to him perhaps. Someone I brought in as a free agent or through trade who aint doing a crap, like Adam Kennedy or something. Itd definitely be a lateral move, but you cant keep hoping Ensberg regains his form.

The assumption is that even though the Astros really HAVE to re-sign Jennings so they can say they've received fair returns, I dont know if they actually WILL when the time comes. A "Hirsh type" is a pitcher who's not considered a finished product. Might rather take a chance on a young prospect with a couple more years to be something than a guy who 50-50 might not even be there and wasnt that good when he was there.