1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chron) How Russell Westbrook will fit with Rockets and James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Relationships matter. CP3 isn’t a lifelong fiend from the crib.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

kind of like all the promises he made after he begged CP to come here?

Besides, I'm not sure if more WB bricks is better than Harden isos

ak99999 likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just like guys with “crazy” used as an adjective in front of their name. They never called Rodman or Artest, “Crazy Dennis Rodman” or “Crazy Ron Artest”. But I’ve heard people call him “Crazy Russell”. Embrace that sh#t!

Roc Paint likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Wb bricks...you need variety in the offense especially in the po

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Except the team was much more offensively efficient with CP3 running the team.

DD

tycoonchip and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

You mean when he was on the court, right? When he was actually playing, right? Because he’s missed 24 games each of the last two seasons. That’s over a quarter of the season, two seasons in a row. Let’s not forgot the two critical games he missed in the WCF the year before last. That probably cost us a championship.

I like CP3 when he’s on the court and not rounding into shape coming off his last injury ...which isn’t often. Availability and good health is an underrated quality.

I can’t understand folks who prefer a declining, injury-prone Chris Paul to Russell Westbrook.

...actually it’s worse than that, it’s 3 years. He’s missed a quarter of his regular season games over the last 3 years and getting paid like a full time employee.

I wish I could miss a quarter of the year for multiple years at my job without getting fired.

#27 Aruba77, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

They are best of friends from what we've seen so they should fit in well from that aspect

8. riko

riko Member

Weren’t you calling Paul washed up.? Makeup you’re mind? You are are a wish washy miserable b*stard

topfive, D-rock, Caprah and 1 other person like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Proof?

10. vlaurelio

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

What are you basing this statement on?

With both Harden and CP3 on the floor, we scored 114.0 pts per 100 possessions.

With Harden on the floor and CP3 off the floor, we scored 116.1 pts per 100 possesions.

With CP3 on the floor and Harden off the floor, we scored 109.0 pts per 100 possessions.

So with only 1 of those guys on the floor, we were over 7 points better with Harden on the floor and CP3 off the floor.

12. vlaurelio

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really want to believe this article. I still hate Westbrook but I've come around to the fact that I have to hope for the team to succeed with Westbrook and for the fit to work. It's just so difficult for me to imagine our team being in a better position by taking the ball out of Harden's hands. Would definitely love to see Westbrook have better shot selection and shooting at higher percentages this year though. That'd be miraculous. His terrible shot selection and lousy shooting percentages are a big part of why I think he's wildly over-rated. That said, I have a hard time understanding how spacing was the reason his shooting is terrible. Especially considering that his free throw percentage has dropped 20% in the last two years. Does he not have enough space at the free throw line?

#34 Williamson, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    don grahamleone, Relativist and jcf like this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Westbrook isn't an awful catch and shoot guy over his career, at least by the numbers. He's been around 33/34% over the last 5 seasons. He ain't Curry, but not abysmal. All the contested shots are what really drags his numbers into their trash state.

Just in a vaccum, I can see how this could work. Westbrook attacks in transition, cuts, and beats guys in the iso. If he can't beat his man, or if the defense gets back then try something else or get it to Harden. But that would hinge on Westbrook abandoning his signature 2K MyCareer bulls**t.

Hakeemtheking and Relativist like this.
  15. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Hearing Harden mention off the ball is critical......I want Russ to run point majority of the time because harden is a great shooter to create more spacing. Russ with spacing and shooters will be deadly....

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think year 1 he did and it worked beautifully to the tune of 65 wins. But after that the CP3 injury and into year 2 we saw a CP3 that either was injured or very tentative on the floor. Can Harden be off ball? I think so since he did the first year. He just has to play off the ball with someone that can actually create a score in bunches I think. Or at least I hope. We’ll see....

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Well, at least if this doesn't work out. Harden has no one to blame but himself for pushing this trade.

Who am I kidding? The coach will get canned for sure.

Invisible Fan and Relativist like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Thanks , didn't know that.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Westbrook has had FOUR knee surgeries, and his entire game is based around his athleticism......will he hold up? I certainly hope so....but I have seen what happens when athletic players lose that and have to rely on skill....cough cough Steve Francis who fell apart faster than cheap corn bread.

DD