1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Gene Peterson calling for Rockets fans to get red and rowdy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

ClutchCityReturns,

I thought all the seats were full of red T-shirts and red towels, but people just didn't put them on.

2. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Yeah, there is something to that. In game 3 when both teams were stinking up the arena, those rabid Itah fans were sitting on their hands and there wasn't much to cheer about. It is a 2-way street, if the Rockets play like crap they can't expect the crowd to cheer like crazy. The Jazz were playing hard, getting steals, hitting shots, etc. to get the crowd going. But in a town like Salt Lake City where the Jazz are the only game in town, you can expect them to be a bit more rabid, but it starts with the play on the court.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

how about the players wear their red uniforms, maybe that will light them up. o wait no, they lost two in a row in those. this series is missing the luster of the dallas houston series, that was a classic

4. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I still rate Houston Rox crowds above New Jersey Nets'.

But everyone else is better than these two. :(

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They were, and most people put them on, too.

Maybe it wasn't 100% participation, but who cares? The Rockets did not lose the games in Utah because of fan participation and boo-ing.

I think a more frenzied atmosphere at the games would be great, but I also think the fan level at the games is a lot more acceptable than many others on this board.

I'd prefer the Rockets, in Houston, with our fans, than Golden State and their 2x every quarter century playoff appearances, or Utah, with their, well...being in Utah, or the Mavs, who've never won anything, or the Spurs, who are kind of in that Utah boat where you have the Spurs and I guess SeaWorld as your entertainment choices (same with places like Sacramento, Oklahoma City, etc.). That's not to say there aren't places with better fans and better situations (Lakers fans seem to be pretty good, sad to say, Phoenix fans seem better than Houston, etc.)

Anyway, my biggest complaint about the never-ending fan bashing on this site is that it usually comes from the people who aren't actually going to the games themselves.

6. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

get red and rowdy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Boo the jazzholes on every possesion :mad:

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Well, if we can be an 8th seed and be up 3-1 on the western conference champs...I think we'd be pretty rowdy. I was at Game 2 of our series and it was pretty damn loud in there.

9. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

WORD! exactly