1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Gasol Take 2? Yes, Please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=215146

Already Posted:cool:

Solomon just speculating upon reading this thread citing Woj's article. No new insight or info. As usual.

2. cod

cod Member

Always the facilitator, never the dynasty maker.

Supporters of this can never complain about the Lakers acquiring a good player again, ever.

3. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

i'm ready to part with Lowry now. Dragic is playing much better.

4. serb

serb Member

Trust me you better sell high on Lowry if you still have a chance. I know he's everyone's favorite Rocket, but he can't shoot or finish. Dragic is a more complete player

1 person likes this.
  5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

To me this reads as a straight-up reply to ClutchFans.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Mr, you perhaps, but the majority won't part with Kyle... Dragon has to go first

I don't want him run the offense in his out of control, irate fashion.
    When his shot is off, he has to learn how to pace himself.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You lost me there, Pal. Dragic is playing average right now... he has good games and bad games, is extremely TO prone, streaky shooter......
    Yes... sometimes he is clutch.... but not more clutch than Kyle.

You, Sir, must be a Euro Homer!

8. chief

chief Member

9. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Kaman over Gasol

Yup...

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

True, you don't see it.

11. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

I agree that he's not on a prime Dirk or Garnett level. However, he's still very, very good. 50% FG, 80% FT, 16.7 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, and 1.3 bpg this season. All while playing with two other all-stars. I think it's funny that people are talking about how he's on the decline and too old at age 31, yet Dirk was in his prime last summer when he turned 33. Before I get flamed, I'm not saying that Pau is on Dirk's level. All I'm suggesting is that Pau still has plenty of basketball left in him, and this talk about being on the decline is being over-exaggerated. Personally, I hope we get Pau in a trade.

1 person likes this.
  12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I rather have The Caveman

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I never thought I'd see the day when people prefer Chris freakin Kaman over Pau Gasol. Leave it to Clutchfans.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I find it hard to believe only 3 teams or so know how good Dragic really is. He's been showing it for a while, especially when he plays big minutes. The whole league knows by now.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When Solomon writes anything worth reading, it'll be the first time.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Says the guy whose only useful contribution to this board is his sig.

17. YaosDirtyStache

At this point I dont even care anymore.

We are what we are, a perennial 7 8 or 9 seed with no chance at a superstar unless we draft one (which wont happen at the 14th seed)

I say bring up Morris, he cant be worst than that flash in the pan in his first week Parsons....Parsons cant shoot, his defense is getting worse by the game, and he doesnt even do his putbacks anymore.

Bring on Gasol, just make this team exciting again please.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You know rather than trading for Gasol (who will decline starting next year), why don't we start building around Lowry?

Lowry is 25, you need to pair him up with the same age of players. The mistake people always make is try to trade for proven commodities in their prime like Gasol, who would fade away in a couple of years when Lowry starts hitting his stride. IMHO let's forget all that Gasol crap and try to get the poor man's Dwight Howard: the Polish Hammer, Marcin Gortat. More importantly, getting him won't cost an arm and a leg, we might be able to acquire him for as little as Lee+Marcus Morris.

Gortat isn't a franchise player but any means, but he has no holes in his game and isn't afraid to bang inside. A frontcourt of Dalembert and Gortat isn't imposing by any means, but it'll probably give you around 90% the same production Nene/Gasol combination will, but at half the price.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

so who are we giving the lakers for gasol

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

KG wasn't in his prime when he won a title. Dirk is a HOF offensive player, but just a liability on D. Pao isn't Dirk overall but he's closer than you make it out.

KG-18.8pt's 9.2 reb's (championship season)
    Pao- 18.9pt's 10.2 reb's(last year)
    Dirk- 27.7pt's 8.1 reb's(last year)

Now, with that said, I would hope Morey would only make this move as a first step in acquiring a really good supporting cast. Just the Pao move doesn't put us in contention.