1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[chron] Don't lose faith in the Rockets just yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Aug 27, 2009.

1. mi0304

mi0304 Member

+ and it was the "Game 7". the "Game 7". the last game and the most important game of the season. Game 7. :(

2. mi0304

mi0304 Member

What makes me interesting is that there is no one word about Tracy mcgrady in this 'the next season and the future of rockets' article.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

So Justice has a habit of putting words in GMs mouths? I don't particularly like him, but I'd never expect him to go that far for a piece.

Okay then, if you say so. I haven't read the chronicle in ages, so I'm not familiar with the situation.

4. Apollo88

Apollo88 Member

With the arrival of Pops another big man in the line-up, it's easy to declare that T-Mac will not be traded during the season. And the reasons for that are:

1. There are no other all-star players available to trade for T-Mac, since every team with an all-star player is gunning to make a run in the playoffs.

2. We saw how good Ariza played along with Kobe, And we saw how bad Artest played with T-Mac, Maybe they are hoping that T-Mac and Ariza might pull a good chemistry when they both play on the court together.

3. T-Mac's expiring contract is way too much to lose during the season knowing you might get a chance with Joe Johnson, Amare, Bosh, or even Dwayne Wade on the 2010 free agency bonanza.

So it's safe to say that T-Mac will be playing to honor his contract, If he still wants to stay in Houston in 2010-2011 season then it is up to him to accept a lower contract. Either way the team can just let him walk unless he demands a trade to the Boston Celtics for Ray Allen, or to Cleveland for Big Z, or to Miami for Jermaine O'Neal, But, then again those are just simply long shots.

By the way, Feigen will be posting an update about T-Mac in the Chron! Jon said that GM Morey visited T-Mac in his rehab workout, that will be very interesting!

5. htown11

htown11 Member

Tmac is clearly not returning, it was an interesting read. Made it very clear that the Rockets were not interested in investing in Ron Artests future. What he does on the court, and what he does in the locker room are two different things. The guy is a handful to take care of, clearly Morey has put this team in a good position for next years free agency. They need to be aggressive revamp there superstars, beacuse the supporting cast will only grow after this season. It will be interesting to see where Dorsey, Anderson, Budinger, White, and Taylor will be come this time next season. Some will grow some wont, but certainly those guys have the potential to be solid role players.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

1. There are no other all-star players available to trade for T-Mac, since every team with an all-star player is gunning to make a run in the playoffs. YOU JUST NAILED WHY FEB IS THE IDEAL TIME TO DEAL McG, IF HE IS TO BE DEALT. OR, A LITTLE LESS SO, IN AN SnT NEXT SUMMER.

2. We saw how good Ariza played along with Kobe, And we saw how bad Artest played with T-Mac, Maybe they are hoping that T-Mac and Ariza might pull a good chemistry when they both play on the court together. I JUST DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE ONCOURT McG AND THE ROX. IF AT ALL IT'S SHORT TERM IMHO (AND MANY MANY OTHERS).

3. T-Mac's expiring contract is way too much to lose during the season knowing you might get a chance with Joe Johnson, Amare, Bosh, or even Dwayne Wade on the 2010 free agency bonanza. JJ IS NEGOTIATING A NEW DEAL WITH ATL. D-WADE AIN'T HAPPENIN' AND BOSH? WHO KNOWS...BUT, I EXPECT AN SnT WITH BOSH (AND NOT WITH McG.)

So it's safe to say that T-Mac will be ... THERE IS NADA SAFE TO SAY ON THE McG FRONT

... playing to honor his contract, If he still wants IS IT UP TO HIM? to stay in Houston in 2010-2011 season then it is up to him to accept a lower contract. Either way the team can just let him walk unless he demands a trade to the Boston Celtics for Ray Allen I LOVE RAY, BUT THE MAN IS OLD, or to Cleveland for Big Z HE'S OLD AND SUPRFLUOUS, or to Miami for Jermaine O'Neal WHAT IS HIS INJURY SITUATION?, But, then again those are just simply long shots.

By the way, Feigen will be posting an update about T-Mac in the Chron! Jon said that GM Morey visited T-Mac in his rehab workout, that will be very interesting!
    THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTING. OR TYPICALLY FEIGAN FLAT...

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For example he said Amare Stoudemire was vetoed. I mean... is that real? You think thats real? I kind of don't. When Justice wrote about Morey going after a free agent he definitely isn't intelligent enough to somehow imply we are moving Battier or not resigning Scola. First I think Justice was just saying he thinks they will go after a free agent simply because he felt like it and it seems rational, second even if it was true it doesn't necessarily mean we are locked into having the max to throw at a FA. Perhaps we think we can get one at a reduced rate.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don´t know anyone else´s opinion of this Justice dude but for me I can say is that at least he isn´t Blinebury or Peter The Drunk Vecsey. And that´s about as far as my praise goes.

Granted, it isn´t too tough to take the safe, middle ground. He's trying to be the voice of reason.

You can say we inquired into Stoudemire and it was voted down, for whatever reasons (we didn´t want to pay him $20 million a year for 6 years, we didn´t know if his eye would heal). But of course Morey would say this to Justice: "Yeah, we thought about it, but Les said no." Doesn´t mean we won´t revisit the idea, although I think a free-agent acquisition of a big-time shooting guard would be more in order.

As far as next summer, who would we go after? We won´t have the money unless we renounce some of these players Justice says that we´re accumulating. Uh, goodbye, Luis, we can´pay you $8 mil a year, goodbye, Carl, we don´t want to pay you a year from now...

In any case, I just cannot believe we would stand pat until next year as Justice seems to imply. Even if Les chose such a route, he´d change his mind once Houston fairweather fans decide to sit out the year because we decided to make Aaron Brooks our star for the season.

9. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

that article reads like something from Rockets.com. if the front office issued a press release, wanting to put a positive spin on things, they could reproduce RJ's blurb word for word.

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

he was waiting for an asian sandwich but got caught by the owner

12. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I dnt think MOST rox fans doubt their team that much i think we got past that point .. only sterotypers who dont watch the rox on a day to day basis (everyother NBA fan) .. make that false Judjment

On ron/ariza swoop the effect will come at the end of the year or the next season ..

On Amare i love him hes my fav PF but the guy is already injury-prone imagine him with a rockets shirt on ..

13. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

He has another bodily orifice?

14. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I fear that Amare Stoudemire is AT LEAST on of these three....

Good only because he has Steve Nash passing to him
    Good only because of Mike DiAntoni's system
    Injury prone

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Seems like this story uses a lot of words to say nothing at all. He's stating the obvious.