1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Clemens better than 50/50

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by NJRocket, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Buck Turgidson

No guarantees anywhere.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sign him and then trade him to the Yankees. I'll go for that.

3. msn

msn Member

"there" referred to the WS win, not the city of Houston

4. Buck Turgidson

gotcha.

What's left for him to accomplish? Another 9+ months of having his ego stroked.

5. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Arguably with Rocket in the fold, with better run support, he is almost a lock for winning 80% of the time. How many pitchers can you say that about?

Rocket has almost singlehandedly brought about a passion in Astros baseball of the likes this town has never seen.

I have no problem with him starting his season in June, so he will be fresh in the playoffs. Remember, despite our mostly pathetic run support, we almost snuck into the playoffs again.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

as far as i'm concerned, we should make room on the roster and payroll for clemens for as long as he wants. or until the steroids wear off. you know, whichever comes first.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Totally agree.

DD

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I wish he would stay here, but me thinks he won't...We need to move on and find another arm...