1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Bud adjusting, Lee very limited in workouts & Parsons start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/01/budinger-adjusts-to-role-off-bench/

Sounds like Budinger is not too happy, he's just doing what the coach says.
    Maybe this is the problem, everybody was so adjusted to Rick Adelman's system and coaching that they're not really buying into McHale's system.

Adelman says he has never had a group that struggled with his system as much as the Twolves are right now, he's not adding anymore new stuff before they do what has been taught so far right. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's the lack of a training camp and the schedule.

Looks like both Lowry and Lee are not ready for tomorrow's game, with Lee the injury is of course more serious than they thought, but that's okay. They need to be fully rested and Bobcats are one of worst teams right now so we should be able to beat them without those two.

Parsons has a great mentality, liking him.

2. Raven

Raven Member

On a winning team, players will accept fewer minutes, but on a losing team, everyone focuses on getting theirs. It certainly doesn't help that the roster is stuffed with "assets", with a rotation that is going to continue getting shuffled by a coach who most players probably aren't as comfortable with as they were with Rick.

In short, new coach, losing record, rotations are being changed, minutes are hard to come by, and two of your three best players know the GM wanted to trade them.

Yeah, it's going to get ugly.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

As long as its not Washington Wizards ugly, we have a chance.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Chance for what? The Wizards are on track for the number one pick in the 2012 NBA draft. What are the Rockets on track for?

5. Spankie

Spankie Member

the 14th pick! W000000000t:p

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I lol'd

7. Felece

Felece Member

AFAIK, The 2nd Pick of the 2012 Draft

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If they maintain this track record, they get the 2nd pick. If the Wiz puts 2 wins together, they split the odds for the 1st pick and 2nd pick.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess Bud will really be unhappy when Morris is recalled and eats into his bench minutes.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the bolded statement is BS. Adelman literally had to keep JVG's system in place when Yao was around. Dude was running ugly, defense-first basketball until the core changed dramatically with Morey's new players.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tracy McGrady was the problem, not Yao, the guy refused to move without the ball, and buy into the system.

He became a clubhouse cancer.

DD

13. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

If anyone told me before the season started that Chandler Parsons would start a game I would have cried

14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The Parsons/Dragic era has begun ... get on the bandwagon people!

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Honestly I thought he would be tucked away in Europe until we had room for him. I was surprised we signed him. I hope develops and takes away all of Buds minutes because I can see him develop the things Bud does well (shooting), but I don't see Bud ever doing what Parsons does well.

#15 rockbox, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

READ! This is what Adelman is saying about his current team, the Twolves !!
    I'm using this to show his team is struggling with adjusting, so are the Rockets thus maybe the lack of a training camp and rushed schedule has something to do with both teams struggling..

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bud has only himself to blame.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Maybe angry Bud will play out there now.

19. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

hahaha, oh yeah, i'm on it!

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

wayyyy too early to expect them to get the system. Technically this is still preseason for them.