1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christina Aguilera doesn't understood the song 99 Problems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, May 7, 2012.

1. what

what Member

She just kept saying it's disrespectful to women!

B, 99 problems have nothing to do with women. It's metaphor for being weak-minded, a b, basically.

2. Convictedstupid

Solid grammar, champ.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

She's been hating on Tony Lucca the whole season. I see this as more of an extension of that than actual criticism of the song.

BTW, I'm a little disappointed in the talent on the Voice this year. There have been some good performances but nobody has been consistent to me and instead of upping the bar, it's more like their best performances have been in the past.

4. what

what Member

Even when she got on stage and says this is a "real man" refering to chris mann: respectful to women.

I don't think she knows what the song means.

As far as the show, all the judges were taking out fan favorites for some reason.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

The judges went for 'unique voices' instead of talent. I quit watching rather early in this season, because the talent just wasn't worth the hour.

6. what

what Member

What the hell is Joel Osteen doing at the voice?

7. Granville

Granville Member

Christina is an idiot. She has been hating on Lucca but that's not the dumbest thing she has done this year. She had the best singer on her team and eliminated him.

8. Asian Sensation

Maybe Christina Aguilera will show the world she's on Whitney Houston's level.

9. Cannonball

Yeah, that guy definitely could've won and was the only person on her team who could have. I don't know what she was thinking.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Who are you guys talking about? I haven't been watching much of this season because the lack of talent just wasn't as good as last season's.

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

all of you, turn in your man cards now.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cannonball

Tony Lucca, the ex-Mickey Mouse club guy, did a pretty cool version of "99 Problems" and Christina threw a hissy fit because she said it was demeaning to women or something like that.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I mean Christina's ringer, the one she trashed early. I saw her b**** fit and she's been constantly trashing Tony Lucca. I don't think he's that good, though.

14. Relentless

Relentless Member

What doesn't understand the song 99 problems.

Jay Z was talking about the times when he was in the drug game. Have you listened to the lyrics of the song? Lol. The song tells you exactly what he means. The cops know that they can't search the car and Cop-"We'll see how smart you are when the K9 comes" Jay Z-"I got 99 problems, but a b**** ain't one."

He's talking about the female K9 dog. It's in his book.

” At the time, Jay-Z was slammed for the misogynistic use of the word “b****” —but, as he reveals in his book, he was actually referring to a female dog, or the dogs that never caught up to him that day. “It would have changed my life if that dog had been a few seconds faster,” he writes.

15. snc

snc Member

Thank you.

Wtf is this.

1 person likes this.
  16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I liked his performance. I've heard similar versions of that song before and I really like it done that way. Christina has been particularly tough on him throughout the season, but I think she has also taken it upon herself to be the "tough judge."

I've also heard that she is pretty universally disliked by everyone on the show and I think that shows when the judges interact. Cee Lo, Adam and Blake all seem to give each other crap in a playful manner, but when they go back and forth with Christina, there seems to be a bit more tension.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

the op is one weird cat.

18. Cannonball

Oh, Jesse Campbell.

Honestly, Tony was my favorite after the blind auditions but he never re-captured what he had in that first performance. I didn't think he should've been the finalist for Team Adam. That said, I thought he did really well tonight.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

My guess is it comes down to the back up singer and opera singer. Not too bad.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I doesn't understood the thread title.