1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian terrorist ran over Muslims on the way to Bible Study

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

God’s will.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People ask why "leftists" criticize right wing terrorism that targets Muslims and other minority groups while don't focus on Islamic extremism as much.

If any conservative poster wants a genuine discussion here, I'm willing to have it and I'll express my sincere opinion.

The reason for the focus on right wing terrorism over Islamic extremist terrorism has to do with agency. We as Americans have more agency in mitigating the rhetoric and propaganda that leads to right wing terrorism that targets groups like Muslims. For example, we could NOT elect a President of the United States that creates false stories of thousands of Muslims celebrating 9/11 on the streets of Jersey City. We can not elect a President who explicitly asks for the complete shut down of an entire religious group from entering the country. United States politicians don't ask for the complete shut down of Christians migrating into the country. The rhetoric by American politicians don't instill fear in the hearts of Americans for white Christians.

The reality is that we have spent 20 years fighting the "war on terror". Everyone knows that Islamic extremist rhetoric by extremist Mullahs are wrong. It's a given. Is it really a given that extremist anti Muslim rhetoric is universally condemned by US politicians? Genuinely ask yourself that conservative leaning posters of Clutchfans.

You can't blame US politicians for instigating Islamic Terrorism unless you want to approach that notion from the opposite angle of being overly aggressive on the "War on terror" which created more Islamic terrorists.

You can blame US politicians for using rhetoric that riles up the fringe lunatics to attack people like Muslims.

Agency in the discourse of our politicians and news media is the answer.

5. Major

Major Member

They don't - at least not the ones that b**** about this issue.

fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Something needs to be done about black terrorism but then again I’m pretty sure that’s Robert Downey Jr, probably just another white nationalist incident.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#6 mick fry, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Playing the race card already? Wow.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We had an attack by a White terrorist on people worshipping in a Synagogue in the San Diego area. Why don’t you post about that. I’ll add that there is nothing funny way about either incident. That you can joke about one of them is obscene.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We condemn both recent california incidents. Prayers.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You ever wonder why no one respects you?

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Lots of great comments here, but nothing beats the thread title.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

“We?” Do you speak for your jokester of a friend now? I notice that you had noting to say about his “joke.”

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, wasnt speaking for anyone in particular. Consensus on this site hopefully

Deckard likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s a good reply, but I wish folks like you would condemn tasteless “jokes” by members like mick fry from time to time.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It was tasteless. I didnt see it before i made my post.

Deckard likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. I would say the same if someone with a different political philosophy were to do the same.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

I long for your respect Lou.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m posting about this because I’m sure if this was a white guy the title would read another white nationalist terrorist attack but instead it’s a “christian” terrorist. I apologize if I’m one of the few that will call this bs out and you can’t handle it.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can handle your tasteless posts, dude. Make up whatever makes you feel good, OK?

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

So no denial, that’s what I thought. Btw since you brought up the other incident have you been condemning Omars anti semitic remarks? For the record I have never promoted violence against anybody regardless of race or religion and people who carry out these acts are sick.

#20 mick fry, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019