1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Christian Hackenberg - Your quarterback of the future

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, he's in Hackenberg's inner circle... because of BOB recruiting him and making such an early impression on him at a young age.

Is there more than that? Because that still says nothing about whether or not he's the best option at QB for this team.

We know the Texans are going to go after a QB... and the fact that there aren't a lot of huge team needs elsewhere indicates that they could offer up some picks to either move up or get an established backup.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm okay drafting him in the sixth round to take Savage's spot. But we need to draft a real QB prospect in the first round.

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Hack and Wentz are the most likely best QBs left when we pick in the 1st or 2nd. It's not that far fetched.

4. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

If the Texans pick in the late first, my guess is that they go QB in round 1 because Hack and Wentz may not last until when the Texans pick again in the late second round.

5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I don't want Hack at all. But if they pick him second round or later, I can begrudging accept it. Just not first round.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Can we not try to pry AJ McCarron?

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Brett Kollmann says Texans will take Hackenberg in round 1 and that he will become a pro bowl quarterback.

<iframe width="703" height="395" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xUh7Tia8pWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

He's gonna have to take it from Ssvage because Tom is gonna tear it up next season.

9. conquistador#11

as long as they take it from hoyer. hoyer is probably like goodwillhunting in the filmroom.

1 person likes this.
  10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My issue with Hack is that he misses way too many easy passes. That's the bread and butter of the NFL. I like his mental capacity and arm, but if you cant make the easy throw, the NFL is going to eat you up.

11. thejav

thejav Member

If there was a year the texans needed to trade up its this year..need to take a chance.to get Wentz..

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Rainman?

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That video was pretty convincing for me. I don't watch college football. Never have, really. So I'm always in the dark as to whether or not we have a good draft class or not until a few years later and the results are there on the NFL field. But looking at that 24 minute video I'm impressed by Hackenberg's footwork, both in setting up throws and in moving around in the pocket (really reminded me of Aaron Rodgers in how well he felt the pressure coming and moved to the open areas). And then his arm looked really good (good zip and could throw the long ball). I'm not sure about the accuracy issues and it seemed like the guy evaluating him kind of glossed over some of the poor throws a little bit (all because of the lazy footwork in the shotgun?)...but at this point I have to agree with the OP of this thread. If BO'B thinks Hack is the one, I'm good with it. He should know better than anyone else.

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Dear god no.

People keep going back to the "he was good his Freshman year until a new regime ruined him". This dude is not accurate against college defenses. Now he will be great against NFL defenses? Please.

But I know hack will be great in the workouts, he will interview well, his wonderlich score will be great. Basically, he's the perfect qb, except when it actually comes to throwing against real life defenses.

Whatever. I've already prepared for it. I know it's coming. I'll pray for the best. If he proves me wrong, I'll be happy since I'm a Texans fan.

I'd rather go with RG3 who was also good his freshman year (NFL freshman year) until shanahan ruined him.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd agree with this 99% of the time, but OB hasnt shown solid competency when it comes to evaluation.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yuck. Rather take a chance on Cook or Prescott

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've watched many of his college games, and never came away with this as a big issue...

Which is funny to me because I agree with you on most things football...

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I am so excited.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He reminds me of Vince Ferragamo.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That Kollmann Hackenberg video was excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse. I would spend a 2nd or 3rd but no way can any team justify he is a 1st round pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.