1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Hackenberg - Your quarterback of the future

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, if he was any worse, he might be Mr Clutch's favorite player.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

And if he was even worse than that he'd be yours!

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do sometimes forget that there are even worse QB evaluators than Mr. Clutch out there, thanks for chiming in and reminding me of that.

4. justtxyank

No problem Bobby. I'm glad I was able to perform a service by reminding you of your own evaluation struggles. You were very humble in that post so good for you. :grin:

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, at some point you'll figure out that I'm right, but until then it'll be pretty embarrassing for you.....though you probably won't realize it at first. If anyone watched Brian Hoyer play in the playoffs last year and then in the preseason this year and STILL thinks I was wrong about him.....I'm thinking you should find another sport to talk about.

6. justtxyank

I don't think anyone thinks Brian Hoyer is good, that appears to be a straw man you have created.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you've forgotten that the argument was that Hoyer was the worst QB on the Texans last year....how do you expect to keep up with the big kids if your memory is so deficient?

I said that and people lost their minds because they didn't know any better. Hopefully most of them have figured it out by now.

8. conquistador#11

funny. Last year during mini camps, many kept saying that the texans would have to be terrible and get the no.1 pick to get Hackenberg. what a difference a year and a combine makes.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/DanStrafford">@DanStrafford</a> can imagine/relate, as a NY Islander fan. If anything, Hack makes me more bullish on Osweiler. OB can make lemonade of lemons.</p>&mdash; Pat Thorman (@Pat_Thorman) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pat_Thorman/status/771730882096955393">September 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Fun fact; with cook playing now, Hack is the only QB drafted in the first 4 rounds and not get any playing time

11. Fantasma Negro

**** that stat. I'm gonna say it because everyone is too scared to say it. We should've just drafted Hackenberg. How forgivable would the setbacks of this offense be is it was on the shoulders of a rookie qb? The organization would've saved money, we'd had gone 9-7 and won the division with a rookie qb heading into the playoffs with no pressure and nothing but optimism for the future but look at the **** we're in now...

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was going to post that I'd rather have Hackenberg than Osweiler. We would have avoided the large Osweiler deal, and have had Savage start a full year, giving us an idea of what we had.

I'm sure O'Brien was fine with that, too, and that's probably a big source of the reported friction right now.

If Savage isn't the man, you have Hackenberg with a year of O'Brien's renovations on him.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hack is AWFUL. Texans would have draft Prescott if they were going to draft a QB.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What a great idea!

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not if it doesn't come with the Cowboys' O line.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Rick Smith should be fired since he did not draft Prescott and the Cowboys OL.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  17. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

I'm pretty sure we would've gotten Prescott if the DUI issues didn't come up.

but ol goody two shoes mcnair..

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, then Weeden would be out of a job...

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yup they did bring him in for a pre draft visit and even tried to get info on him and got the wrong person lol

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#260 zeeshan2, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.