1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 23, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess it just shows you that CP3 was half assing last season.

Pretty obvious that Westbrook is not an upgrade over a full-effort CP3. But would Paul be motivated if we didn't trade him? Probably not.

daywalker02, hakeem94, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I dunno. His blocks assists steals and rebounds are all down. He is shooting better across the board though.

Invisible Fan and Easy like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really think last year was a season of CP3 being butthurt about Melo, and then trying to turn it on in the playoffs and failing miserably.

SS0101, hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  5. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I remember him being the only one to show up in game 4 of the Utah series when we could have closed them out in a sweep.... Falling on the floor to get live balls and such.... Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly though.

Invisible Fan, jcf and HP3 like this.
  6. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

See, I'm no expert, but this is what I saw for a majority of last season, and I thought others saw it, too. To me CP appeared to be his normal productive self to start the season. After that injury in Miami in December, he appeared to play more timidly, as if he was trying to save himself for the playoffs. But then we reached the playoffs and it was like he was still trying to save whatever was left in the tank, or he was overpacing himself. It's for that reason I don't blame Rockets fans for being so upset with him. It wasn't fair, I don't think. But he didn't (couldn't?) turn it on when we need him to the most.

I'll disagree here. I don't have any inside information or anything, but whatever philosophical issues Chris and James had, I believed that Chris was willing to work it out. I never really questioned his dedication to the team. After all, he was one of the first Rockets players to be back in the Rockets practice gyms a mere two weeks after the Game 6 loss, putting in work. It made the trade difficult for me to swallow.

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

or he was still recovering from his hamstring...

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Chris Paul is still a great basketball player. He was a great ballplayer last season as well.

But he can't beat his man anymore, so he can't dominate games, he has to let things come to him. He also requires a lot of rest and maintenance. But he's still a spectacular defensive player, a great shooter, and the best offensive floor general in the league.

I would still much prefer him to Westbrook (in all honesty mostly for his defense), but both guys are grossly overpaid relative to what they bring overall at this point.

9. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

CP3 gifts the team with suits for the holidays. This is pretty cool! I can't get over Steven Adams and his personality to go with the drip [​IMG]. Looking like a Bond villain.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everbody loves Cp3 at the start, BG was like a kid on Xmas day when he got to Clippers and the first year between Harden and Cp3 was like a match made in heaven.

Let's a wait a couple of years to see if the Cp3 declined claims were indeed "overblown". The reality is Cp3 is in a reverse contract year he is out and motivated to prove he isnt a cancer and he isnt washed. Where were these custom suits last year? I guess Cp3 was too busy pouting over losing Melo and not getting touches to buy Danuel House and GG suits.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

hey @ChrisP can jontro get one too? i need a new set of blue. tired of blek

BamBam likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that was the danger of bringing in melo, i applaud rockets for boldness and decisiveness in cutting him but it was unrealistic to think you can just cut ties and cut losses and everything will be fine... thats why its called chemistry, because its not a linear/math thing

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

he did buy gary clark a $100k mercedes benz as a gift.

BeBreezy likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was injured and half arsing. FIFY.
    Out of shape at the beginning.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Steven Momoa look the parts.

BeBreezy likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think cp3 can get away with half assing things because of his mouth and personality.

His averages this year aren't the next coming of Steve Nash. Given how thirsty okc is for offense, he can choose his spots more often. Automatic dibs.

Dude is slipping from his peak and couldn't justify that raise he got in the off-season.

That's probably enough to create tension between him and James even without the melodrama.

They're both competitors but James internalizes drama more than he should.

#96 Invisible Fan, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but did he get injured cuz he was out of shape? I think he was too busy partying with Melo in the offseason

18. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I think a big reason why he came out of the 2018 offseason a bit out of shape is because he did just injure his hamstring that May... That doesn't allow for much physical activity for at least several weeks.

BaselineFade and daywalker02 like this.
  19. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

The only criticism of Chris personality-wise that I'll take is that he has a habit of rubbing people with big egos (James Harden, Blake Griffin, not that there's anything wrong with that) the wrong way. Anything else is overblown in my estimation.

20. xaos

xaos Member

This post is excellent. Put into words almost my exact feelings. Nice