1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 18, 2017.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Dillon Brooks looks like he could've been somewhat solid. Granted, he's a rookie, a second round pick at that... you can't put too much faith in that combination. I'd like to see Trey Burke or Norris Cole.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's not how meniscus injuries work except in rare cases. A meniscotomy is when they snip off all or a piece of your meniscus that's dangling and causing pain by getting stuck in the joint when it's stretched/contracted. Paul had a piece of his meniscus removed (aka lateral partial meniscotomy), he is not bone on bone. If he had had his whole meniscus removed, that would be front page news.

Bone on bone is when they have to remove a big chunk or snip the meniscus multiple times PLUS wear and tear if you are a high flyer. Paul's game is the opposite of that.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do they be eating the removed meniscus, like placentas, or what, fam?

Mathloom and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

No reason to play Chris or Nene when we're playing scrub teams (even if those scrub teams manage to stay in the game and nearly beat us).

I'd sacrifice 4-5 wins a year to maximize health later in the season. I'm in this for the rings, not the regular season games. Got to think long term like Pop!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Jay713

Jay713 Member

You said "rings". lol

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nope. He's on a one year deal because it makes a lot more sense for him financially to have done a one year deal and then sign an extension. Morey was definitely willing to sign him as a free agent.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL 1 year deal.

Be prepared for Chris Paul to sign a 5yr max contract this summer. Should Morey be concerned about years 4 & 5 on that deal? Sure. But CP will be signed to maximize HARDEN's prime window now, and Morey will figure things out later.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Go big or go home!

10. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Good post but wear and tear breaks down the meniscus too and it never grows back.

You don't have to be a high flyer to have meniscus breakdown. Unfortunately the knee is probably not in great shape. Good thing his game isn't majorly based on explosion like you mentioned.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, but relying on sharp jumps and change of directions definitely accelerate the breakdown. Certainly, a 32 year old player with 10+ seasons of heavy minutes is not going to have knees in perfect shape. But I bet his knees are in better shape than players younger than him that rely more on explosion.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"Not relying on explosion" does not mean he doesn't need explosion. An NBA PG needs explosion at least on occasion to be effective. If it comes to a point where he is tentative with his mobility on the court, his game will sharply decline. Look at those great PGs who relied mostly on skills rather than athleticism, Kidd and Nash. They declined suddenly when their bodies started to slow them down to a point where they can't effectively break down the defense.

You can't predict a player's health just by how he jumps. Each body is built differently and is worn and torn differently. Some players are more durable than others and we don't know why.

I am not saying Chris Paul will have health problems. Just that his injury history is worrisome.

rm365 likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have a feeling that unless Paul can lure a banana boat member next offseason that deal is off. I think that's probably why Paul is so mad at Carmelo for caving. Codman said as much about CP3 and Melo have friendship issues now.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I reckon unless there is something majorly wrong, there's no way he's gonna allow himself to miss the home season opener.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I was thinking about this and funny enough the players we replaced from the cp3 deal are a lot better than that crew, so even without cp3 we upgraded....rest him as long as needed.

16. theimpossibles1

The dude has a bruised knee because he bumped it in Grizz preseason game. Some of yall disgust me with your pessimism and 'that's just Houston luck' BULLSHIT.

Bunch of whiny negative losers in this thread. You know who you are.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

I have a feeling it’s worse than what it might seem like

18. theimpossibles1

Oh gosh, OTMax has a feeling. We're screwed now.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you have any sources to back up your hunch? No? Then keep your whiny negative thoughts to yourself.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You're an ornery little fella.

20. theimpossibles1

At times, yes. The baseless negativity and pessimism surrounding Houston sports is very frustrating to someone who understands that making comments and spreading 'curse/jinx/bad luck' talk is what creates those phenomena.

I would be on clutchfans every day if it wasn't chock full of depressing whiners.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.