1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Paul is stupidly good.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. rammo

rammo Member

Don’t sit him. Run it back all season longggg!

#CP3MVP

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How so?

Despite this "analysis" being given from a grand total of ONE preseason game. Here are the stats from each of the two players you assessed:

upload_2018-10-3_8-57-1.png

upload_2018-10-3_8-57-13.png

I don't see how you can say one has a leg up on the other.

Plus, I don't see Caboclo giving you true backup center minutes on a nightly basis. He's still an extremely long but slower SF/PF in our offense.

Attached Files:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He did look great - bouncy, fresh, smooth, in control. He also looked great this time last year, had an injury, recovered, and looked sharp until his 2nd injury against San Antonio.

What I'm getting at is, he starts to breakdown as the year progresses. Don't get me wrong, he still balls, but you can tell he's managing pain/soreness.

daywalker02 and Chamillionaire like this.
  4. Chamillionaire

Chriss looked really good in the 2nd half. They got him playing with CP3 and Harden for a reason. MDA wants him to get comfortable in there and he will. MDA has made it simple for him and you saw how he played in the 2nd half. That dude has some ups. I'd be surprised if Chriss wasn't the back up 5.

I'm surprised Hartenstein didn't get any burn last night. Anybody know why? Injured?

Oh yeah, CP3 is pretty good.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The most important thing for CP3......is aside from his own personal scoring/shooting is he AUGMENTS other players. He makes players better. So that kind of value will go a long way in the next couple of years of CP3's contract.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was his only weakness IMHO - I would not call it Prone to Injury just yet but it's been close.

The thing is you can't really know when the injury will happen.

They could rest him for 60 games in the regular season and he could still end up with an injury around postseason time.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean he isnt better than Harden and thats a fact. I'm sorry its just not true.

Reeko and Obito like this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

No need to apologize for a differing opinion.

I think CP3 is a better leader, defensive player, and an overall great offensive player not far off from the Beard.

I think the Rockets would have won game 6 or 7 if Harden was the one that got hurt.

Just my opinion.

Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He was having so much fun out there nutmegging, shamgodding and just vibing with the team in a preseason game. If he can stay healthy watch out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Loved that behind the back dribble against the rookie, while Paul had his back to him....gangsta....lulz

it was like a behind the back, cross-over.

#50 heypartner, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

worth every penny of 40 mil per...every second hes dribbling the ball is a joy to watch

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Can we not enjoy this man's greatness? The Rockets legitimately have two MVP level guys.

He was even more explosive than I assumed he'd be after shedding the pounds. Flying up for boards, finishing in traffic through contact. Had theball on a string consistently. Beat everyone off the dribble at-will.

He lived in the lane. He had a Nash-esque lane dominating night. Last year he would pretty much dominate on just jumpers.

Broadcast mentioned Gordon also lost some weight. I like it.

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Almost had a triple double before being ejected last night.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I’m just going to say it.

He lost weight.

He is back to being extremely quick and if he’s healthy in the playoffs this team will beat GSW.