1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is looking damn good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Apr 23, 2019.

1. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

I thought he was excellent at controlling the tempo there was a point yesterday i think 2nd or 3rd quarter we were down by 10 when the jazz were on a run, the rockets were palying hectic and he deliberately slowed the pace down looking to get fouled and got 2 consecutive fouls with trips to the ft line to get us within reach

RocketRed4life and bj3175 like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Who else seeing CP ads below the last post? Or is it all the redtube and spankbang adware

3. jcf

jcf Member

Um....why not both?

4. SemisolidSnake

Indeed. This one's for the ladies. (Are there ladies on ClutchFans?)

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ibest to ask @Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

21 assists, 16 turnovers. He's throwing reckless passes. If he does that in the GSW series it'll kill us.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Just need him to play like this for 3 more years.... or close to this level and not get hurt...and even if we just get one ring out of it...it was all worth it.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

CP3 is not finished dancing with Curry.

9. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Always putting up a quiet 15-20 pts

10. Voltik

Voltik Member

He was unbelievable in last years playoffs. It was an absolute joy to watch him play. Except the end of last game it’s been disappointing so far this year watching him play. However, last night he showed that he has few levels that he can get to when we need it. He needs to take control when all the focus is on Harden and the team needs smart offensive posessions.

Hakeemtheking and daywalker02 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Small margin for error.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Not from the 3 he aint. We're going to need him to score more because of the way Jazz is defending Harden.

CP3 should be looking to score first instead of to pass when our role players are bricking all their shots.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't see it right now. He's scoring 18 points on 14 shots and scoring seems to be what everyone is so happy about? That's a good mark, but nothing special. We're looking for special production from him.

Defensively he has been himself but with a few more lapses than usual. Has been out of position while trying to get steals more than we need him to.

In terms of passing, he is 5.3 assists to 4 TO's and is barely attacking the rim. Most of his shots are in transition or mid range jumpers. Not driving and kicking as often as last season. A lot of TO's that don't come from driving.

He's shooting 20% on 6 3pa. Now I have confidence that he will certainly improve on this, but it's an alarming mark even for someone who is taking it easy. Hopefully just a short slump.

Overall, he doesn't look like the guy who played Curry toe to toe last season and who is now just taking it easy in the first round. He looks better than he looked most of the regular season. He is handling the ball for only 15-20 minutes a game, so he needs to be more effective offensively. His scoring and passing combined needs to be better than Gordon.

I hope he is REEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLLY taking it easy. We need a much better Paul in round 2 to beat the Warriors. Luckily, the Warriors are not as good a defensive team as Utah. He will have his hands full guarding Klay Thompson though.

harold bingo and Beardaholic13 like this.
  14. Caprah

Caprah Member

Besides his careless turnovers he looks ok. Nothing like last years paul though not even remotely close

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he suffered 2 severe hammys since going against Curry last year, and I am not going to remind you how old he is.

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Ok will cut it against a Rubio/Mitchell backcourt and a team that struggles to score. Let's hope he has another gear for the Warriors. We're doomed without it unless someone else has a shocking series. But with the systematic nature of our offense, it is rare that an unusual scorer emerges.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Pretty sure we all know that. Doesn't affect my assessment of his current impact on the court. I'm merely discussing what he's producing right now, a week before we play the Warriors.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's just be ready to analyze Game 5 before we talk about the Warriors, we'll see what he produces soon.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

We can do both, we're powerful beings.

harold bingo, Voltik and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I want to see him use some of his magic, I want to see some Nasty.

Mathloom likes this.