1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul going Vegan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 23, 2019.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Okay, so you can't answer the question. Got it. lol.

Game7 likes this.
  2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

From what I understand, there's questions about how accessible dha is coming from algae or supplementing with oil. Just the process of extracting it and packaging is questionable. I wouldn't gamble, if I can just go right to the animal source.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Could you source me where your finding that because everything I've read on omega 3 -EPA/DHA algae supplements have supported them being both effective, and as effective as krill/fish oil supplements.

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.co...o-algal-derived-omega-3-fatty-acid-supplement

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24261532

I think B12 might perhaps be the one your thinking of? While effective for most, some people don't respond to those supplements.

I personally am not a big fan of supplements either and prefer natural sources, as I said earlier in this thread, I think the most complete and healthy diet could very well be Vegan diet + Oysters or Clams - which are super high in B12, Omegas. That being said, the algae-based supplements do seem to be effective.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

When you get injured, your body becomes inflamed as a way to repair itself. If you get injured a lot, the inflammation can manifest itself with longer periods of inflammation or over sensitivities to relatively minor injuries. This is complicated by a natural response you body has to eating meat that triggers that immune response. I would think with as many injuries as Paul has had in his career(dude probably has scar tissue all over his body which also aggravates things), the point of Paul going Vegan would be to combat the immune response that has him out 2+ weeks for landing on his ankle funny. I'm no medical professional but that is my basic understanding of the relationship between meat and immune response coming from a family of people with auto-immune disorders.

BigggReddd likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

An example of how to get people to listen to your side. Everybody just wants to belittle. Thank you, glimmer.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

From what I remember it has to be in the sn2 position to reach the brain and that's found in seafood. Seaweed/algae either doesn't have it or in amounts not anywhere comparable to seafood.. Plus oxidation and aldehydes found in supplement forms. Even if it worked, by the time it reaches you , who knows how much of it can be used...it's a gamble.