1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

"Chris Paul became the leader "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2018.

?

The leader

1. yes

156 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. no

28 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

What if one the 30 toilets belongs to Chris Paul?

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But I got **** on a couple months ago when I made the same claim! Now it's en Vogue!

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les is drooling.. he would definitely sign this dude and pay him nothing

Snow Villiers likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's called a bit of sarcasm, other than the fact that minimum wage is the same as 10 years ago, yet the cost of living has risen. That's the cost of having Texas politicians with their pockets full of corporate bribes.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah yeah, I get it. You guys think he's worth 40 million a year. Tell me that when he isn't able to play again because of his hamstring or sore knee, and we "almost" win in the playoffs. That won't be entertainment. That will be anything but. I'm still feeling the disappointment from last season, and every one before that since our Championship. So, sorry if I am a bit pessimistic and sarcastic today. I certainly don't want Chris to be sitting on the bench again this year leading from the bench, as he heals. I'm also not puffing on a pipe of rainbow dreams thinking he will actually stay healthy for 2 months straight, or through the playoffs, without a bit of concern. I would love nothing more than for him to actually prove me wrong about his ability to stay healthy. I love having Chris on our team, but just don't agree with his contract. Yes, I may be the minority, but my opinion is simply that. I am not trying to persuade you to think otherwise, and am not going to argue this anymore. I've said enough, and certainly replied to enough remarks to know when to stop. Peace out! Have a great weekend. Go Rockets!!

fattz likes this.
  6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Is Les Alexander Pure?
    [​IMG]

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Damn He did Comcast like it was Barkley!

hakeem94 and Snow Villiers like this.
  8. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Once you hut your hamstring you hurt other place afterward

9. pass_to_Hakeem

Nothing wrong with what McHale said imo!! He was speaking truths!! Truths hurt!!

Harden isn’t a leader and that’s fine now that we have CP3

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Again nothing to do with the Rockets though. CP3 and the Rox have nothing to do with the minimum wage so stfu.

I hate how people always need to have some kind of political agenda, first Star Wars now this ****. Why are you mixing up Chris Paul's salary with the minimum wage and political corruption? Leave basketball out of your political diatribe, thanks. Just post your crap in the DnD where people would actually want to read it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

His contract is indeed too big and too long but we have no choice at this point, sometimes you need to put up or shut up. You cant say to Cp3 you wont sign him for the max other teams like the Lakers have the money to sign him and will do it so he can play with Lebron. You would be even more disappointed and sarcastic if he left for nothing.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

If someone making minimum wage has focused the energy on their craft as much as Paul, and is still making minimum wage... they should change careers.

There are 100% commission jobs in this world that are freaking awful, but if you dedicated your life to them as much as Paul has (he’s freaking 5 11, possibly shorter, and has been a perennial all star) they’d be making bank. To get where he has in his career at his size is unbelievable.

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

It’s the market rate for him and if we lost him to a competitor say the Spurs
    We would clearly be a worse team

We don’t think he’s worth 40 million
    That’s just what it cost to have him stay

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Dramond is the leader and anchor of that whole team. Without Green Steph doesn’t shimmy, Iggy doesn’t become the 6th man, and KD doesn’t become this fake tough guy that everyone has grown to hate. What I’m saying is that the whole GS team has grown very cocky because they know they are almost unbeatable and it starts with Green who’s far from an MVP but definitely someone you want leading your squad defensively and emotionally.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Too much praise for Draymond. In the WCF did draymond really do much of anything spectacular to secure the series win for the warriors? Nah ... If anything he coughed up a number of good opportunities and outside of that one three pointer in game 4 where he was left completely open, before dribbling the ball off his leg, we DARED him to shoot and he bricked at least 4 open threes. There were even a few scenarios where he was so unsure of his shot that he plain looked scared to shoot. His defense is always good & solid, but I didn't see much else from him that whole series. The main person who won them that series, and the heart and soul of the warriors is clearly Steph. Durant proved all series (similar to in okc) that he can't create something out of nothing against good defense. He needed curry to open it up and then he got his points. However, If anyone surprised me on the warriors this series, it was klay. He was a lot more consistent than in past playoff runs and draymond was easily their 4th best player.

It's clear cp is our leader, and watching them claw and fight and WIN big games against the warriors, and the difference between how we looked once cp went down was so day & night. CP birthed a new rockets identity on defense and it showed.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Preach...

tinman likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

simple supply and demand...

tinman likes this.
  18. Keyan

Keyan Member

Past is the past my friends. Now we have all the pieces to do what we need to. Elite Shooters, Elite Defenders. 6 years ago you would only dream of this situation. We are "the team" in the league. We are now in caliber as a top 2 team in the league for many years to come, the same way they looked at the Detroit Pistons in the late 80's early 90's, Miami heat from 2011 - 2014. Anyone who runs into us in the league 'knows' that we can shut anyone down. We are no longer a 'dark horse'. also I'm seeing the rockets jersey being worn by this 'ipad internet generation' of kids all over the country when I travel for work. It reminds me of how common it was to see a Lakers jersey during the early 00's. Things have a changed, We are that, and no one can do anything about it. Enjoy this era of basketball my friends.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

It obviously showed in the playoffs when CP3 was healthy that the team was very calm and not in panic mode
    And off course we need Harden cause he’s our work horse
    When we are destroying teams I think Hardens leadership is fine
    When it’s too close I think CP3 is what the team needed and it showed up in the playoffs

kjayp likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon now it all starts with the refs..we have seen them helpless without the refs' help recently(and in the past)