1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Bye Felicia.

Didn't like you in New Orleans , Didn't like you with the Clippers …. don't like you now that you are no longer a Rocket.

Can we get PatBev back please ? I feel robbed.

Why not? likes this.
  2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Open up a history book, young fella, you sound misinformed.....

#1993-1995
    #NeverForget

Why not? and CCity Zero like this.
  3. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

The first year he was here, he was a real game changer. He made that team one of the all time best teams. He helped bring the rockets ever so close to an nba finals appearance.
    I hated Chris Paul before he came to the rockets. But that season he did so many things that I loved, it helped me change my opinion about him.

He didn’t play so well last season for whatever reason, but I will always respect what he did that first season. I will continue to like him and wish him well on the rest of his career

Nelly, saleem and mikeiah like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Winning player? Wouldn’t call him that. As a person he was great, but as a player he gave us one great season and that’s it so there’s little for me to miss.

He’s not a Rocket legend who’s been here for quite some years, it’s been 2 years of which 1 forgettable and unfortunately that was recent and key to us losing.

He’s the same player we couldn’t stand on the Clippers for flopping, exaggerating, whining to refs etc. so he was far from a favourite for me. I learned to appreciate him, but happy he’s gone now.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Should've signed when we were recruiting him and Dwight. If he had done that, we'd have easily beaten Portland in 5 or 6 and nobody would've been in our way to stop us.

I'll miss CP3. Short tenure, and it sucks that I lived out of town for his tenure, too. Only caught a couple playoff games of first year CP3 in person. But hopefully I'll be there to witness the Beard x Brodie era, even if they underwhelm. There will be lots of big dunks lol

6. TheresTheDagger

CP3 era comes to a close.

I'll probably remember the commercials more than his play.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

But he is though? Almost Every statistical metric even now has him as a net positive on the floor. He gave us one phenomenal season like one of the best in rockets history and one “just good season”

That one season here means a lot. I love how you just disregard it like that, what garbage.

Oh wow. :rolleyes: All players do that, yea Cp does it more than most but his drive to win was more than anyone else in this league. If you are happy he’s gone then don’t post such a classless post in this thread. It’s not for you.

saleem likes this.
  8. kiwirocketsfan

Chris, we’ll always have 2017-18.

One hammy away from greatness.

saleem likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Chris should have his jersey retired by Houston on opening night.

He is one of the greatest Rockets of all time, and a future HOF. I miss him. He was slowing down unfortunately.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Chris Paul for giving us one of the best seasons in Rocket history. One freaking hammy.....

I still think you are better than Westbrook. People love the flashiness. I like the craftiness.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The second hall of framer basically ended his career in such a sad way playing with Harden.

A third one is coming up and projecting to follow the same tragic path.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I can’t wait to see the next series of the States Farm commercials on his feeling of his last 2 years.

Don’t worry Chris, I can fix this.

13. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Thanx CP3 for 2017-2018

saleem likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I would feel bad for CP if he had actually taken concessions on salary and allowed the team more flexibility in rounding out the roster and you know didnt get hurt all the damn time. He showed up 2 years late. But he got his FAAAAAT contract, in the end I think that was the most important thing for him and competing for a ring was secondary. Now he can go dickride Lebron and see how far that gets him.

[​IMG]

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same as McHale wanted Harden to play a little different and got run.

DD

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

I appreciated his effort and performance in his last game with us.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member

[​IMG]
    Im going to miss that shimmy

Why not?, saleem and BaselineFade like this.
  18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When he's on the floor lol

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Why not?

Why not? Member

This was absolutely the highlight of his Rockets tenure. I loved this CP so much