1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Haynes: “I’ve been told Houston is not a realistic option for LeBron”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 7, 2018.

1. basketballholic

5 pages!?!?!?

Guys.......Haynes is a Warriors hack. He's not going to acknowledge us and Lebron.

Please lock this garbage too.

bizzy045, Cash Cam, malakas and 3 others like this.
  2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

More like he hopes that it isn’t the case

HTM, Invisible Fan, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sanity2disChaos

I just don’t like the fact lebron is being paired with guys who really can play the same position. PG and Leonard are virtually lebron clones but not lebron.

Plus no team is ready made with vets like the Rockets. Plug in Lebron and not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 championship.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. jacoby

jacoby Member

I think this WCF showed that positions on the floor doesn't really matter so long as you have three things:

1) shot creators
    2) players who can switch and guard multiple positions
    3) 3 point shooters and floor spacers

LeBron would fit great next to George or Kawhi because when paired together they can give Golden State headaches defensively. The biggest challenge would be surrounding those guys with shooters.

If we keep our roster in tact and bring LeBron in for Gordon and Anderson, we will have elite playmaking and versatile defenders capable of negating Golden State's motion offense. Hopefully we can beef up our bench with a couple of shooters.

Philly? They would have shot creators and defenders but nobody who can shoot. That isn't enough to beat the Warriors. LA maaaybe, but a lot of dominos must fall first to make that scenario work.

hakeem94 and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

All I know is Morey said they got "new math" so.... whatever happens, its gonna be good.

6. Sanity2disChaos

Yeah, you are right about the players being versatile but still pairing him with either of those two wouldn’t get you past the warriors. I think the same of philly and think they should stay the course. Maybe figure out what they want to do with Fultz. LA should be his very last choice!!

arabrocket likes this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol Chris Haynes doesn't know what LeBron is thinking and I doubt he knows **** bout what Morey is doing

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There would be no Lebron going against Lebronto saurus. Would elevate them to new heights.

arabrocket likes this.
  9. aroundtheblock2

He's not saying anything that we don't already know...the Rockets are ****ed with their cap situation when it comes to signing LeBron. I'm sticking with Windhorst's (foremost LeBron expert) words that said there were no situations that were good enough for the LeBron to leave Cleveland.

Philly isn't it (would be no better positioned than he is now and would possibly even stifle the maturation of their younger players)
    Lakers aren't it (even with PG they don't stand a chance against the Warriors)

Philly and LAL are pretty much the only 2 teams that have the cap space to sign him outright AND they can field OK (Lakers) or decent (Sixers) rosters.

I think LeBron stays in Cleveland unless the Rockets make a deal and clear the proper space. End of story.

amaru, ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nobody has any clue WTF is going on. I'm sick of all these reporters spreading this B.S. like they have any legitimate Intel.

Just tweet random s**t for clicks and maybe you will get lucky and something will stick. Meaningless trash all if it.

Nook and Marteen like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem is it is not a normal job offer and he is not a normal person. He is Thanos.

Bosh would have liked to play for the rox himself, can understand the fondness.

amaru likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It really is that simple. I don't trust what he said about Ariza but I took his Houston comment like Windhorst, Skip, Shannon, and all the rest as simply not fully understanding the CBA. We have an uncanny knowledge here compared to others as a source of pride because of Morey's dealings and BimaThug dropping the knowledge and kind of forcing everyone to know their **** or not post. The opt-in trade I think just still baffles them and the concept that the cap really doesn't matter. I think this is a done deal except for the Ryno trade and that is a legitimate source to have doubt about. I have to think there is something agreed to with a 3rd team like Sac to quickly make this happen. Windhorst confirmed what we all knew that Cle would facilitate a deal. We won't have to wait long for this to be resolved.

mikus, joshuaao, arabrocket and 3 others like this.
  13. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

If hes as much a warriors hack as you are a clutchfans hack, then oh boy this better be locked. This guy would be the biggest waste of a read ever.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He’s a GS puppet. He was probably talking to a GS source who said something like, “with their cap situation, I don’t think it’s realistic.”

But somehow GS will get a meeting?? Does he not see their cap situation!?

Nothing to see here

arabrocket likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who the hell is Chris Haynes??
    Is that Garth Brooks alter ego ?

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Look guys, chris Paul was traded to Rockets on June 28th. Chris Haynes knew of this trade 4 days prior on June 24. When he says Houston is tough. It makes sense because we don’t know if Cleveland will be willing to work with us on a trade. If Lebron wants to outright walk without being traded or talking to cavs management he’s gonna have to go to philly. Its easy for them. If you look back at Lebrons press conference today. He spoke about curry, Klay and Draymond being on cheap deals and the warriors being able to pick up draymond Bc curry was hurt early in his career a lot. This is a huge parallel to Embiid and Simmons being hurt early on. Simmons can play true pg, and Lebron has developed his game enough to be a scorer and a secondary passer to end his career. Embiid will be the best Center Lebrons ever played with. Lebron wants talent he can develop. What he loved about Kyrie was that Lebron saw his talent and he developed him into a cerebral player. He wants to do the same with Embiid and Simmons.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Vegas line does not account for how hard it will be to get there, how injured CP, Harden, LBJ will be, how good the role players look like, how well the season goes.

Stranger things have happened with decisions as DeAndre has chosen Dallas and backed out.

It's just a good percentage of signing him. One that makes sense.

18. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

True but your original post is still delusional

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

20. zigzag

zigzag Member

A lot can happen between now and 4th July.