1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Coste Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DoubleRods, Jul 22, 2009.

1. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

How about this Chris Coste guy, seriously? Coming in as basically nothing more than a 33-year-old rookie, he's been hitting consistently as not only a pinch hitter, but coming in strong for our All-Star first baseman. Honestly, trying to fill Berkman's shoes while he rehabs is a tall order, but this guy has been getting it done in both aspects of the game. Clutch hits like the double tonight to get the runner in scoring position and other nights as well, we are really lucky to have a guy like Coste. And he's actually really lucky to have a team like us who is willing to give him a chance. I don't know if anyone heard the 1560 interview of Coste this afternoon, but this guy has been in the Minor Leagues all his life, and he's finally getting a shot, and he's really EARNING it. We need more guys like that.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Like I said in the Astros thread...if he was a playboy model I would kiss him lol...seriously a great pickup by Wade and Shrud move to get a vetern pinch hitter. I read there trying to make a movie of his career?

3. Landlord Landry

shameless 1560 plug.

4. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Honestly, he was getting big hits for the Phillies pretty much from the time he hit the majors.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Just to be accurate, he's 36, not 33.

I'm more impressed by the fortunate timing of the deal. Shortly after we pick him up, Erstad and Berkman both go down with injuries.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

we need more 33 year old rookies? If so, then you must be pretty happy with the Astros as is.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Coste had over 300 at bats for a World Series winning team last year.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

good pickup.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm 31. Maybe I can help the 'Stros in 2 years.

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

lol uhhhh okay?

11. HTR99

HTR99 Member

The pickup didn't make sense at first because the media was making it seem like he was going to back up Pudge, moving Q, but then the injuries to Berkman/Erstad made it a good pickup but now a great pickup since he's contributing and doesn't suck like Michaels/Kata.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can't believe I'm going to say this...but this team seems to have depth. The guys off the bench are filling in nicely.

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

wth? seems like every night he's getting a big hit. crazy.