1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Clemons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 6, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Make up your mind. Is he a dude or a stud? haha

BigShasta likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not falling for it. Nope.

yixiixiy, smoothie and BigMaloe like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moochie Norris with ups

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he has the will I think he should be able to become a decent defender with the athletic ability he possesses, Calvin Murphy style. Good luck posting up that tree stump.

(Murph was 5-9 too)

giddyup likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all the Rockets limiting mid range shots and shooting more 3s isnt a system, it's analytics. Both the Bucks, Raptors and Rockets all shoot a lot of 3 pointers and avoid mid range shots but they have vastly different systems. I've been one of the biggest analytics proponents on this board so no need to debate analytics' effectiveness with me.

Secondly you keep saying the players we have now are total scrubs and vastly inferior to the Gleague squad but cant explain why we have scrubs on the SL team and didnt bring in the Gleague stars. The answer is very simple these players are the cream of the crop of talent the Rox have available. There is no other explanation for it otherwise if Frazier is better than Duval and GP3 is better than Clark why arent they the ones getting SL minutes and a closer look to possibly join the team? Are the Rockets just dumb and waste time and opportunity for scrubs? You are telling me the Rox bring in total scrubs to possibly make the team but ignore the Gleague allstars they have available how does that make any sense and if thats the case why is Hartenstein on the squad? He is clearly RGV's best player so why is he included but the others are scrubs who never played according to you? I didnt follow the GLeague but I'm gonna trust the Rox and believe they at least know who their best players are.

That's why I say the Rox system isnt great because the cream of the crop, the best products of the Rox system arent having success with the system. If they get blown out by a Pelicans team with 2 lotto picks including Zion and Jaxson Hayes, ok they were overmatched. But thats not really the case the opponents they have faced are on the same level as them. You can see the weaknesses of the system in the absence of a great creator and facilitator like Harden or Cp3 the offense stalls and everybody plays for themselves. It's all isos and 2 men plays no wonder they have issues scoring. Its the same reason why the team fails in the playoffs, if you can contain James Harden the team loses. If he has a KD esque game the team loses because nobody else can create opportunities, if Harden doesnt have the ball nobody else can create anything. This is unlike GSW where if KD and Curry are flatlining you have Iguadala and Draymond as a safety valve who can be the focal point of their offense. Now the Rox didnt have 5 all stars like GSW but EG and PJ Tucker are savvy vets who got relegated to being spot up shooters. Their only choice was stand around the corner for a spot up 3 or ISO their opponent. Tucker got so limited and used to being a spot up shooter he got scared to shoot unless its a 3 pt corner shot. Nobody ran plays or set any picks for them Kevon Looney got more scoring support than EG who is our 2nd best scorer.

Cp3 has one of the highest bball IQ in the league and there's a reason he was asking Harden to move around the ball more. Our offensive system def needs some tweaking it is too Harden centric.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think what we know is that he has talent, but that he hasn't yet adjusted his game to the NBA. His size is a huge vulnerability and he's going to have to learn how to overcome that the way Muggsy, Earl Boykins, and Nate Robinson did. He's got the talent to do it. The odds are definitely against him though.

That's all we know.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure is.

DD

smoothie likes this.
  9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Your argument makes no sense.

You started off saying that the Rockets had three players who "tore up SL last year". I've twice asked who that is and you won't answer. That's because nobody on their current roster had a great summer league last season. Hartenstein was decent but he still only averaged 10 pts/game.

You also pointed out that these same players had great success in the G-League last year playing together. I've shown you that that isn't correct either. Outside of Hartenstein, the players on the summer league roster had very little to do with the Viper's success last season.

There's no arguing that the best players from the Vipers last season aren't on the summer league team. All you have to do is look at the stats and minutes. It's not something that I'm implying, it's a fact. Only 4 guys on the roster even played with the Vipers at all. 1 of them played AGAINST the Vipers in the regular season and then joined them for 2 playoff games where he played around 10 minutes per game and averaged 3pts. Another of the guys only played 7 regular season games and 3 playoff games with the Vipers and averaged under 3pts/game in the playoffs.

When your argument about the summer league showing that the Rockets system doesn't work fell apart, now you've switched to "why don't the best players from the Vipers play with the Rockets in summer league". That has nothing to do with the discussion that we were having. Are all of those guys healthy? Did they get better deals elsewhere ? I do know Tucker is with Phoenix. Frazier has been playing with USA basketball, does he have a committment there? Do these guys already have training camp deals with an NBA team? I don't know and again it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

I'll make it simple. Do you personally believe that the Rockets summer league team is very talented? Yes or No?

Do you believe that the current summer team would be winning games if they played another system? Yes or No?

Everyone who's watched the summer league games knows the answer to those questions. It's really obvious.

If you say that they're not very talented then that completely negates your original argument about it showing that the system doesn't work. That wss my origianl point, they aren't very good and wouldn't win with any system.

If you say that this team is talented, then you're either not being honest or you are a horrific evaluator of talent.

You usually post good arguments but the wheels fell off this one from the start. My best guess is that you originally thought that this summer team was the core of the Vipers. That's the best explanation I can come up with for your original comment of "3 of these guys tore up SL and had a winning record under Nick Nurse so if they suck a year later then thats due to Rox system and development.".

Omihall23 likes this.
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we don't have to get our hopes up. lets just say he earned an invite to training camp. if he plays well there he can earn some preseason minutes. if he plays well in preseason maybe he makes the team.

doing well in summer league is still many steps away from actually earning regular season minutes. each step is much harder than the last. he has an uphill battle and the odds are against him. i'm happy he seemingly passed this step, and i'll root for him to continue to shine.

bcast89 likes this.
  11. basketballholic

Dear WALL O' TEXT,

The way we are going to beat all these super teams and win a championship is by spreading them out, making their defense stationary, letting Harden and CP3 make plays AND SHOOTING MORE 3'S THAN ANY TEAM IN HISTORY!!!!!

Plowman likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lmao you got no right to post to me about Walls of text

treyk3 and basketballholic like this.
  13. basketballholic

Ha. Mine is a beautiful mosaic of basketball poetry.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LMAO....you guys are cracking me up....ahahahaha....seriously, awesome! Dear, WALL O'TEXT...Beautiful mosaic of basketball poetry!!??!! : )-

15. basketballholic

Ewe no'd dat dere wad sum kinda phunnie.

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

Clemons and Westbrook in the backcourt together. Not tall, but a lot of quickness.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dudes balling again.

It’s crazy all the hype Ponds got, he sucks.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his postgame interview with the broadcasting crew in the previous game was very impressive. well-spoken, composed and intelligent kid. he also spoke in terms of him being part of the rockets for sure, so he's confident he'll make the final roster

Vivi and gfab-babyboi like this.
  19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

A beefed up and long haired AB0

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member