1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Clemons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 6, 2019.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why are the Rockets always the smallest team on the floor? Clemons is a keeper who can ball but we have too many guards and need more quality wings. Ponds isn't an NBA player and Duval/Chiazzo seem like overkill.

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I agree with you there but that's for First Round picks. But I don't take the Summer League seriously. I judge their skills of how good they can play "consistently" in training camp, preseason and regular season games.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

CC looked good on a horrible team night. Quick take...
    - Quick release and pretty stroke
    - Scrappy player underneath
    - Decent court vision
    - Ice in his veins
    - He'll get abused on switches in the big league

Probably a great guy to spend a year in the G-League, but has the potential to provide some instant offense off the bench. He's got NBA range and could be one of those spark plug guys who plays 10-15 mins.

4. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

We need young talent like this! Would bring some much needed spark to our team. Every championship team has their key young players

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because athletic wings actually get drafted. We haven’t had a first round pick in over 3 years

seeingred and ickaruto like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks like this dude will have to play since we clearly aren’t getting any free agents to join

RichieBanks likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I go by thier feel for the game. N how the true skills translate. Passing shooting IQ rebound court awareness

Highlyrated likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Here to also point out how I hate Isiah. The g league super star. To me he Joe chee. Hate it when people think he even a back up

Hard_foul likes this.
  9. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Artest

daywalker02 and Plowman like this.
  10. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Aww man u tripping hard hes arguably the best player in our summer league team he provides offense and defense.

bobloblaw likes this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao I bet u in 2 years he wont ever be heard of again.....its a reach he cant even crack our lineup.

N best player is clark.

Isiah still plays like a chicken with his head off. Like I always say. He a 7 foot that doesn't even play like it. I see him over seas soon

12. JW86

JW86 Member

Damn, Aaron Brooks was fast, but this guy has crazy speed. And the range on those threes, the ease and poise with which he shot them was impressive. He is small, but he is freaking muscular so he might be able to handle his own. I'd give him a shot if he keeps it up, but what's the point of getting excited about rookies as a Rockets fan? Aside from the early Landry & AB draft, Parsons and Capela, all draft picks have been squandered or traded. I know how excited most of us were of the potential of Covington among others. Morey doesn't want to develop guys, as soon as they get value, they're out the door.

ickaruto likes this.
  13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Ron Artest, I broke the story here from NBA TV.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

seems they're waiting for all the money to dry up so they can corner some players into vet minimums again

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

We've found our FVV :D

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ripped.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I still have dreams about what that team could have accomplished healthy; I want game 7 vs LA back. Loved that team.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like him better than Frazier, Ponds and Chorizo (Chiozza)

20. basketballholic

Will get abused in switches?

All it takes is cp3 taking a liking to a guy like this or Ponds (or Mason III ) and they could become very good switch defenders.

Clemons is beyond summer league. Need to see how he looks against real NBA'ers.

BigShasta likes this.