1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: Starting to buy James Harden as the best player in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

nice to be back in the conversation. once we get healthy and make that deadline trade we will be back in the conversation of championship contenders and mvp. it just takes winning... and putting up video game numbers that only james is capable of.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Clearly harden is the best player in the nba. Unlikely morey will make a good trade because he does not plan to add luxury tax for next year.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Lebron is injured who else are they going to talk about, lol these Nike Lovers smh

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Still hearing Anthony Davis name makes me laugh at this point, NOLA just won after 4/5 games and he didn't even play lol.

And sure, Lebron had success in the playoffs, but only when he had one/two stars playing wiht him, otherwise never won **** and played all his career in the East. Guess what, if Chris Paul doesn't get hurt, Harden beats the best team ever in 2018. Same for Curry, never won **** without playing with two/three all stars, in fact he did choke too against the Cavs two years ago even though he played with two al stars, and he was about to get his ass kicked last year too.

Overall this idea that you define how strong is a player only by his titles is laughable.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dumbassery, especially by that dumbass Jason McIntyre. May God not have mercy on their souls. Do not watch.

"Speaking of chokes, where was James Harden last year game 7 at home up 11 at halftime. He choked." - JM

"If Harden leads the Rockets to the Finals, then we can have a discussion about best player." - Sauces

"Might not get out of the 2nd round Rob." - JM

"You gotta do it in the playoffs." - Sauces

"Lonzo Ball will lock him up. Can't wait for that series. Lakers in 5." - JM

8. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

Buy?

Buy? b**** we've been selling that.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol reminded me why I dont watch espn clips.

Oh well.

Poor Jason McIntyre couldnt formulate a persuasive and intellectual argument but I guess he at least tried.

Lulz at whoever the steph lover was and chris was just bleh...

Lol @ espn

napalm06, dreamshakin, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

But is he a cornball brotha?

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Call me when James Harden puts up 40 points in game 1 of a playoff series.

hakeem94 and mikol13 like this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden is one ring away from jumping in to the top 20 players of all time.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He is so, so thirsty to be relevant. The people over there say he's desperate for attention... wants to be the next Skip Bayless.

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Lonzo ball will lock harden up? I've heard everything now.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The NBA MVP race is gonna come down to Harden and Giannis. Giannis has great numbers and more team wins. Harden is getting a nice "narrative" boost right now. Need more team wins. Lot of season left to go.

IvanLCPM and D-rock like this.
  16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Harden certainly has had his playoff choke jobs but if CP3 doesn’t go down we’re talking about last years teams as one of the greatest ever. Lebron deserves all the praise heaped on him but he’s never won without the likes of a wade or kyrie by his side so the notion that harden has to win a title by himself in order to cement himself in the minds of these jokers is absurd.

I didn’t watch the whole clip but please don’t tell me they crucified harden for his playoff shortcomings and then mentioned AD in the same breath. That’s absurd.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Harden certainly has had his playoff choke jobs but if CP3 doesn’t go down we’re talking about last years teams as one of the greatest ever. Lebron deserves all the praise heaped on him but he’s never won without the likes of a wade or kyrie by his side so the notion that harden has to win a title by himself in order to cement himself in the minds of these jokers is absurd.

I didn’t watch the whole clip but please don’t tell me they crucified harden for his playoff shortcomings and then mentioned AD in the same breath. That’s equally absurd.

napalm06, BeBreezy and Houstunna like this.
  18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

The whole Harden choked in game 6 and 7 last year argument is so ridiculous.

One hall of famer vs. four? And your holding it against him that he didn’t beat them?

Hell, the fact that 2 hall of famers were about to beat 4 isn’t talked about enough (before the Paul injury)

Someone needs to check these fools. These shows are all so stupid I can’t believe they are all on the air

19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So apparently, bc Lebron led his teams to the finals in the Leastern Conference, he's more relevant? We'll see if he'll even make it there once in the Western Conf. with the team he has now...but chances are people will flock to his team and give him the help he needs to be successful, bc lord knows he needs it...

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lonzo Ball will lock harden up? HahahahA
    That idiot never watched James play the other James. LeBron’s team even the Heat treat didn’t give us a scare bone. What’s his record against us? Someone quick.