1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard said a league source told him Paul George to the Rockets is a possibility

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 19, 2017.

1. aroundtheblock2

Or at least ride it out to the trade deadline...CP3 hasn't even played 20 games with this team yet lol.

2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Throw in Melo and it's a deal.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sarcasm?

yixiixiy and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I would do deal centered around Ryan Anderson.

J.R. and Crashlanded19 like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They are 15 mil over the tax right now.Why would they want to pay the tax for a shitty team to keep a player that's not gonna stay. Melo still has a NTC.

A team can trade for PG and absorb them into their salary if they have the room and they don't have to match salary completely. They can also grant the Thunder a trade exemption they could use next season.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

most people on this board of course are satisfied with how the current team is. why wouldn't you be unless you're one of these dumb posters cf's has seen recently.

personally i think okc trades pg13 eventually when they realize that team isnt as good as they thought they would be. So they'll probably want something in return. but this is assuming the season goes how it is for them now which is mediocre.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would never give up Tucker for a PG rental. PJ does all the dirty work along with Luc who I would like to retain too.

DonKnock and Beardaholic13 like this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Ariza and Ryno are the only players I won't completely mind trading for PG.

I'd think CP would mind Ariza getting traded, so I don't think that's happening.

EG + PJ + Ryno for PG, that seems lopsided. Moray would not do this deal, too many players for only 1.

Ryno for PG, I'd do, and Morey would do. But Presti is going to be way more careful this time. I don't think he'd allow this.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

In order to make it worthwhile for OKC, you would have to structure it to give them tax relief.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I wouldnt undervaue how huge a deal it is for us to have a guy like EGO come off the bench. We have a 48 minute offensive attack. Dude gets slept on too much here.

As a starter, he woulda had a chance at being in the all star game.

He is selfless and 100% bought in to this team. I wouldnt even consider trading him for paul george with the way things are going right now.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont think he gets slept on. thats only for dummies like @Harden's beard

Most of us love EG and his role on this team. he has the ultimate green light off the bench and he knows it. a great role for him, but at the same time he has his limitations. and we witness his cold streaks.

lets not act like pg13 wouldn't be a great fit on this team.

DonKnock and Beardaholic13 like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ryno for PG = best case scenario
    Ryno/Ariza or Ryno/LMAM for PG = as far as I personally am willing to go.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

We’re not beating GSW with our current team. Getting a star like George closes the gap.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes please.

Perfect 3rd option guy that fits our offense and defense.

Beardaholic13 and Reeko like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Best team in the league right now, let's not **** it up by tinkering.

DD

mikol13 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Eric Gordon is a significant reason why Rockets are having a historic great offense. The guard rotation of Harden, Paul, and Gordon maybe the best ever. At any time of the game, there are always two of them on the court at the same time. It is very hard to defense to stop them.

I would not touch Eric Gordon for Paul George.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. mario_v

mario_v Member

LOL

18. Remix

Remix Member

Out of the core of the team Ryno is the only one I would be willing to give up. The chemistry too good on this team right now

DonKnock likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

OKC has leaked this information out to Broussard, they want to completely destroy the Rockets by taking our hard working role players from us.They know Morey is interested in PG. We will be stuck in the current predicament that OKC is in, and CP3 may end up leaving Harden all alone by himself.

This is Presti's revenge for having to give up James Harden in the first place. Never trade with OKC, Daryl!

20. thething

thething Contributing Member

This makes sense, but obviously not for Eric Gordon.

OKC probably doesn't want George to leave with zero return. However, the market for George this season is super low. Only a contender would even want to take a George rental. Since the list of contenders is pretty small, of course the Rockets would be in the mix. If all it takes is a second round pick and a way to match salaries, Houston might be interested.

DonKnock likes this.