1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Broussard said a league source told him Paul George to the Rockets is a possibility

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 19, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

it doesnt have to be ariza. notice how i used role player

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So, Oklahoma City is interested in either (a) helping us a lot or (b) helping us destroy team chemistry.......it's all a gamble.

Anyway, we are talking about Chris Broussard and his, "Now my sauces tell me Dwight is having second thoughts about signing with Houston." So.....

DonKnock likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

notice how i used role player. it can be ariza or any other player that fits that bill. doesn't matter. the point is that a role player is not untouchable by any means if youre trying to get a pg13

4. aroundtheblock2

That makes no sense. They would have to match contracts in the trade...so they'd be taking the same salary back, and Paul George is an expiring contract anyways.

Why would OKC move a large expiring contract to get "cap relief"? That would do the exact opposite of cap relief.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

You're a idiot if you wouldn't take PG. I'd take him over Lebron actually. Giving up EG is the only thing. If I had to do it then yes. George is the better player. I'd feel better going into a playoff series against GS w/ Paul George than I would EG. But it's hard man

mario_v likes this.
  6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

No chance the Thunder admit their mistake and blow it up. They knew going in that George wasn't likely to stay. If anything, they get rid of the coach.

7. aroundtheblock2

What package are you willing to include that matches the contracts? This is OKC we're talking here btw, there's a really good chance they would never trade PG13 to the Rockets to begin with.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Stupid Trade. I wouldn’t trade ANY of our current rotation guys for PG. Ryno is more valuable this year.

Hope Morey doesn’t ruin a good thing

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I was willing to consider PG13 for EG because of the defensive benefits, but now I would say no thanks. EG is heating up and understands his role. Another guard who can defend 1-2 with a decent outside shot plus the return of the Prince would be fine with me.

10. aroundtheblock2

LOL. So are people idiots for thinking you're an idiot for saying you'd take him over LeBron?

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Too big a risk. The fear of PG13 leaving for LA anyway is a legit one.

No big deals should be made that could ruin our chemistry. This team has been elite and deserve a chance to show what they've got in the post-season. If we fail, then we can look at potentially making a run at PG13 in the offseason, if he is still able to be wooed away from the purple & gold.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lol that is true. I also don't see Rockets actually giving up on Ariza in the middle of the season. (Close with Paul / Harden)

13. aroundtheblock2

Unless we get Paul George in a mega steal, there's no reason to make that move. And there's no universe in which OKC goes easy on the Rockets after the James Harden deal.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

id have to think a bit on some combination of our guys without giving too much but its definitely something to consider.

yes we know okc may not even trade him but like i said in my original post, the only question is how he gets to houston if he does. The question is not whether morey wants him bc he definitely does

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Just say no. Would not trade EG for pg13. EG knows his role and comes off the bench like a champ.

Pg13 would not come off the bench.

Guys we are 15-0 with the lineup we have now. We have beaten warriors, spurs, and cavs this year. It would be dumb to mess with that.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think it would take both Capela and EG.

I think Ego and another non-terrible contract would be the framework for a deal...so like Ego + Tucker for PG

I don’t think Morey’s gonna give up anything for him unless he’s extremely confident that he would re-sign here tho

I think OKC will look to send him back East and would only trade with us as a last resort

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I would take Paul George if it only took Ryan Anderson + Fillers + Future first round pick. This will help us clear the cap space needed to chase Lebron next year too if Paul George decides to bolt for LA.

I like Paul George as a player but he doesn't really move the needle that much if we are trading Gordon. Even though Anderson is playing well this year, he is still our biggest weakness. If we can upgrade him for George, we have a legit shot of taking down the Warriors. Our Death Lineup would be insane.

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Paul George for Ryan Anderson straight up, and Paul George signs an extension right after the trade. Maybe Morey would consider that.

The current team we have is already a historic great team, on pace to win 71 games. Why not just ride it out?

MONON, nacho bidness and DonKnock like this.
  19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The only way this deal goes down is if it has picks for years and years and years. My guess is OKC called Morey, and morey promptly counter offered Ryno and a Christmas baked ham. And then proceeded to take ryno off the table.

20. aroundtheblock2

Morey probably wants LeBron too. Doesn't mean there's the possibility of a deal in place. Morey wanted Chris Paul for years supposedly, and it took him more than a few years to finally acquire him. Morey simply wanting Paul George doesn't mean its happening any time soon.

I don't think there's any possible scenario dealing with OKC that doesn't have the Rockets parting with significant pieces of the current team, and then Paul George may just walk after that? What is this organization now? The Knicks?

I'm incredibly satisfied with the current team. As we move closer to the trade deadline, there will be more to discuss, but I doubt Paul George is a part of any trade unless OKC starts losing significantly right now.