1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard is Such an A**

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dandorotik, Oct 31, 2012.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

ESPN interviewing him, all 3 other guys complimenting him, asking about what he learned from the Thunder, asking him about his debut, and BlowHard gets on with this, "You had a ____ offer for a team competing for a championship, and you take a ___ offer (he was incorrect on the numbers) for a team that probably won't make the playoffs...what was your thought process as to why you chose the Rockets over the Thunder?"

First of all, Piss Blowhard, Harden didn't choose- the Thunder traded him. Second, your numbers were wrong. Third, how about complimenting him on a great debut with a brand-new team like all the other 3 did and keeping your erection for the Thunder in your pants? Imbecile.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Was this on ESPN? I didn't see it...

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

4. yo

yo Contributing Member

It wasn't a terrible question. His #s may have been wrong, but what's true is, we will probably struggle to make the playoffs. Compete for a championship/less money vs. be the man/more money. Fair question.

5. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

Yeah I saw it too. They had a phone conversation with Harden, and the other three were real cool about it. Broussard not so much. Harden had a great response and called him out on the numbers being wrong though haha. Gotta say I love the pub we're getting from this. Good to have a SUPERSTAR

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It is a tough choice but Harden is in his prime and at a point in his career where he can give 'being the guy' a shot for 5 years (with beyond enough $$$$$$ to boot). Ring chasing is for whiners and Lakers.

1 person likes this.
  7. skyline07

skyline07 Member

He didnt say Rockets were a team that could barely make the playoffs?

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

James Harden believes he can lead this team to a championship in the next six years and so do I.

9. jvu

jvu Member

espns way of attracting attention from viewers.. good guy vs bad guy.

If everyone agreed to the same topic, there would not be a discussion.

We win anyway. 3 vs one (Chris).

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Dumbass Broussard.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Presti informed him/agent that if he didn't accept the last offer he would be traded to Houston. I kind of agree with Simmons in that it was a tactical mistake. Harden then knew he could get the full 5 year extension, so he did choose Houston over OKC.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The minute I start worrying about what Chris Broussard has to say is the minute I officially lose my mind.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I just watched the video on ESPN. I Have to say I completely agree with the OP.
    Not even so much about what Broussard asked, but they way he said it. I was shocked, it might have even been a bit disrespectful...

To watch the first three guys show their enthusiasm for his performance tonight, clearly excited for him... and then the 'ole "multiple sources" steps up to the free throw line and fires an air-ball.

HOW DOES THIS MAN HAVE A JOB FOR ESPN AGAIN??

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's really quite annoying when the same people who talks about players being greedy and choosing money over winning blah blah blah... will in a nanosecond praise the team for trading said player to upgrade.

Had Harden stayed for less money, and Presti then trade him mid-season to the Lakers for Dwight Howard, I bet people would just say Presti "made a business move" and "Harden should know this is just business." There's certainly a lot of hypocrisy with these things.

15. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Smith has a real problem with confusing his own confidence, with being factually correct in reality.

Thinking the ball will go in every time as a player is great, thinking that as an "analyst" continues to make him look like an idiot.

16. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I think most people don't consider how huge the money difference is. Imagine having a job offer like yours but you get promoted and a 33% raise. Under what circumstances do you turn that down?

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I don't think okc could beat the heat anyway the way they are built as a jump shooting team. Maybe Hardin saw that also and thought he would rather be the man instead of spin his wheels.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

If you ask someone why they didn't basically throw 6 million dollars down the gutter, you're asking the wrong question.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

whats kind of surprising is when Harden responded 13/14 like that wasnt even what was on the table -- maybe OKC was trying to lowball him

but yeah broussard is an ass