1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard is a Joke and Needs to Hold This L

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Reeko, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

as if the Marc Cuban fiasco wasn’t embarrassing enough...how he can still act like anyone respects or values his “inside info” is ridiculous

Does he not know that nobody takes him seriously, especially when he starts referencing his sources?

dude is like a paid holic with a platform

Broussard, come here and collect your L!

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan, dchoye, King1 and 10 others like this.
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

He needs to swallow that L and shut the hell up. Every word out of his mouth is a lie.

mario_v, ClutchFam and wesbound like this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Why do they keep paying this guy? It seems fans across the board pretty much all agree he’s a trash reporter.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  4. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It’s very simple. They just throw things out there to see if it sticks. Just saying things gets you clicks and views. If they happen to be wrong with their guess it doesn’t matter because the next time a free agent comes around fans are going to want to believe.

Blame the fans for being emotional like first time in love teenagers.

RayRay10 and BaselineFade like this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The real issue with Broussard and the thousands of other "reporters" on Twitter is that they aren't willing to double or triple check their sources with other sources. Broussard is more than happy to call up the janitor of Staples Center, ask him what he thinks about the Kawhi Leonard situation, and use that as the centerpiece behind one of his "SOURCES TELL ME: " tweets. He's a hack reporter with no contacts in the league that would actually divulge real information to him.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Only job besides a politician that where you get paid to say dumb ****

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

There are more similarities between Broussard/Trump than Broussard/WOJ

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Nah, I don’t even believe that. I think he just makes things up. Like him saying Kawhi was a Lakers fan.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sauces tell me Dwight Howard is waffling on his decision and may stay in Los Angeles.

Dude is completely clueless.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Last week, Jay Onrait went after Broussard with a lengthy, expletive-laden rant, calling him the “biggest ****ing fraud in the history of sports media”, among other things.

“I don’t know why that would be, I don’t know why they would want that. To save face, I guess? What good would it do them to feed them misinformation, right? Kawhi’s so secretive, everyone knows he’s secretive, no one’s expecting any information to come out from him. So I just have to assume that everyone was ****ing lying! Everyone knew nothing, nothing! And they were saying that they knew everything!

Chris Broussard, who worked at Fox and is the biggest ****ing fraud in the history of sports media, ever, ESPN kicked him out, Fox kicked him out, I don’t know what he’s doing now (editorial note: Broussard is still at Fox, appearing on their FS1 studio shows as a “FS1 NBA Analyst” and co-hosting The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio with Rob Parker), saying that the Clippers were out of it for sure and it was down to the Lakers and Raptors, he knew nothing! They knew nothing! It’s all bullshit!”​

Broussard was a guest on Pardon My Take in which he responded thusly:

“I had to Google Jay first. Real talk. I didn’t know who it was. And then I laughed, because to me, it was like someone in the G League criticizing Damian Lillard. Jay Onrait, as my partner Rob Parker would say, he had a cup of coffee and a sweet roll in the majors. He was on Fox Sports 1 four years, and he got demoted back to AA ball. He went from the NFL to arena football. He went from the NBA to the G League.

“I’m like, get in the majors and stick before you criticize me. Real talk. I’ve been in the majors for over 20 years. I worked at the New York Times for six years. Won awards for my coverage of the New York Knicks. Went to ESPN the Magazine and wrote for 12 years. Won awards for feature stories I wrote there. Morphed into television and radio, and I’ve never been fired, never had my contract not be renewed. I’m in the majors. I’ve been here for more than two decades. You spent four years and got demoted. You’re criticizing me? My career cannot be defined by breaking transactions, or missing out on transactions, making a few mistakes on transactions.

“The irony is that Jay Onrait, in trying to critique me for getting something wrong, he got two things wrong. He said ESPN kicked me out. ESPN didn’t kick me out. ESPN offered me a multi-year contract and was surprised when I turned it down and went to Fox. He said Fox kicked me out. I’m still at Fox. In fact, Fox kicked him out! Fox did not renew his contract.

“I think his ire with me stems from two things. One, bitterness that Fox Sports 1 didn’t bring him back. And 2, during the playoffs, I called Canada soft. I said Canada is soft, the Raptors are soft, and Drake is soft. I apologize. Canada is not soft. Drake is not soft. The Raptors are not soft. Jay Onrait is soft.”​

12. beardsanity713

I can't stand dude he is one of those consistent Rockets Haters in the media he spins anything about the Rockets into negativity... plus like mentioned his sources are trash

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow, a pro player crossed up a g-leaguer!

Saucy!

Will you be good enough for the big three Chris?

Speak Chinese?

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Chris Broussard was caught lying on ESPN and got fired for his lies, this idiot is still in the Media and has a MVP vote is ridiculous.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Real talk"

J.R. likes this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Damian Lillard has at least proven himself to be worthy of, not only being one of the best scoring PGs in the game, but absolutely worthy of max money status. A random G-League player has not.

Broussard has not proven himself in his field, to be worthy of any accolades recently. This comparison is not at all apt.

Broussard sucks.

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Because he generates clicks and views as people tune into him to hate-watch him instead of just ignoring him.

Advice for the board: if you know someone isn’t worth listening to, don’t listen to them. The more you post their links and reference them, the more they get clicks and a bigger following.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I was talking about across the board as in all nba fanbases. I agree with you about hate watching although I don’t really do that unless someone posts it on this board.

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Broussard and McIntyre are an embarrassment.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/jay-onrait-chris-broussard-got-called-out.html

[...]

And Onrait has now responded again. His response comes in a three-minute intro to the latest Jay and Dan Podcast, which both acknowledges the absurdity of this feud and gets some more deserved shots in at Broussard:

“Dear Chris Broussard,”

“Hey buddy! Heard what you said about me calling you a fraud, and you’re right, I’m not perfect. I literally started the dumbest sports media feud in history. I guess all I can say is ‘That clapback took you two weeks? Who are you, George Costanza?’ You know what else you could have been doing the past two weeks? NBA reporting! I mean, come on, man, I put it on a tee for you! NBA free agency was happening, break a few trades, announce a few signings, put me in my place. It did not happen. You literally proved me right.”

“While you were Googling my name, coming up with killer double-A ball jokes, Woj, Shams, Haynes, and pretty much everyone was actually getting scoops! I mean, they still would have gotten those scoops, but wouldn’t you want to at least make an effort? Chris, at this point, if you actually had legitimate news and tweeted it out, would anyone believe you, or would they wait for that Woj or Shams tweet to confirm it? I think we both know the answer.”

“I mean, what does it say about you that the only news you made during the entire NBA free agent process was getting called out on your bullshit by a foreign sports anchor? You’re certainly qualified; you listed about a dozen reputable places you used to work for. But the cherry on top was comparing yourself to Damian Lillard. Damian Lillard! Which I agree with, because when you tweeted that the Clippers were out of the Kawhi sweepstakes and two days later, Kawhi agreed to sign with the Clippers, that was like watching Dame himself take the three-pointer to beat the Thunder in Game 5.”

“Ah, we’ve had some fun. I sincerely apologize for even mentioning you, Chris. This is literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever been a part of in this business, and I wrote two best-selling books about ******** my pants. Maybe we should look on the bright side. In the summer of 2019, for three days, you and I entertained the 13 or 14 people in our business who are not on vacation.”

“Feel free to clap back again and again. Like the rest of the sports world, I won’t be listening to you. But if you are going to call more Canadians soft on the next Pusha-C diss track, here are some for you. Joni Mitchell. Neil Young. And of course, Anne Murray, who has it coming. The list is endless. Just use your Google machine.”

“I wish you the best of luck, Chris. Talk to you again in 10 years when we are interviewed for the oral history of the dumbest feud in sports media history. Peace.”​

AroundTheWorld and Invisible Fan like this.