1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh thinks LeBron James will end up in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Harden, Paul and LeBron with some semblance of a bench is 74 win team. . . Maybe.

bulkatron likes this.
  2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

You gotta believe that Lebron adds 8+ wins to any team he lands on. Obviously far more for bad teams. So 73-74 is not crazy.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That is assuming everyone stays healthy which given the history of CP3 is definitely not a given.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

CP3 missed around 25 games last year and we still won 65.

Bench and having 2 of the 3 on the floor is a big key to even sniffing 73.

saleem likes this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Imagine that...... we can have each star play a full qtr then have an entire 4th qtr Bobby bucket time show. :eek:

{icebox425} and htownrox1 like this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Wake me in July.

ghettocheeze, adw and justtxyank like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don’t see if. I feel like cleveland can call his bluff and refuse to trade him here. What’s he going to do then? Walk to the lakers? Oh well.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

That's a sure-fire way to ensure no free-agent signs there. Rich Paul is a big agent around the league. If Cleveland becomes known for spiting their own players, ESPECIALLY the one guy who brought them a championship, it'll damage their reputation around the league for a very long time.

10. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

We are certainly being set up to have our hearts rioped smooth out. #believeitwheniseeit

D-rock and Bids9 like this.
  11. justtxyank

Not this argument again. Had to listen to this for weeks from people who insisted there was no way the knicks would go back on their promise to Melo

ElPigto likes this.
  12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Lebron will have his pick of options, but I think he probably goes to the Lakers.

They have the ability to sign Lebron and PG13, then trade for a third star with 2 of Ball, Ingram and Kuzma. Even if they have to trade all 3, does that really matter? They all have potential, but that team would be built to win now. I could easily see them getting Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard with that package.

Something like Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Deng for Anthony Davis. Then New Orleans resigns Cousins to a max deal. Or, the Lakers could talk New Orleans into a SnT for Cousins and keep 2 of the 3 mentioned above.

I know the argument would be that they wouldn't have a bench, but that's wrong. They'd get plenty of good players on discounts looking for a ring, just like when Lebron went to Miami (Battier, Allen, Miller).

The difficulty with Houston is 5 fold:

First, the luxury tax would be absolutely insane. INSANE. I'm not saying Fertitta wouldn't pay it, but I wouldnt blame him if he said no.

Second, you have to convince Cleveland to trade with you.

Third, not only do they have to trade with you, but they have to take back a so-so package.

Fourth, we are old. Outside of Harden and Capela, everyone else will be a shell of themselves in 3 years. Lebron probably has a 5 year window in mind.

Fifth, and the clincher IMO, is the narrative. Coming to Houston, he would be joining the reining MVP and one of the greatest point guards of all time...ie not HIS team, and not HIS idea. Going to the Lakers, he can be the guy that resurrected the dynasty and brought together a contender. He doesn't get that with Houston or Philly.

Houston's selling point is not Harden or CP3 (i.e. stars) because he can already get that as discussed above...it's depth. But that depth is currently about to enter into free agency (Ariza, Moute, Capela), and as he's already shown in Miami, he can attract enough free agents to fill out a bench.

I think all the rumors about George being fixated on the Lakers are true, but aren't properly contextualized. He's committed to the Lakers IF they get Lebron.

Hate on them (or me) all you want. But they are well positioned in all of this.

mikol13 and Vivi like this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The difference is, if push comes to shove, the Rockets could sign and trade Clint Capela for LeBron, and that makes sense for both teams. That didn’t make sense for Melo.

14. justtxyank

Would require a sign and trade scenario after the new league year which would bring significant complications

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Melo who??

Lebrons clout and influence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> melo's

16. justtxyank

Aside from the Anthony Davis trade idea this is a legit post. It’s not as simple as many here act like it is

saleem likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The chances of obtaining Lebron remain very slim, so I haven't gotten my hopes up.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. justtxyank

Sure that doesn’t mean the Cavs will trade him for Ryan Anderson though

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Who said its goin to have be a straight 2 team 2 player 1 transaction trade

2 + teams, 2 + players, 2 + transactions, 2 + picks will hage to be involved

20. justtxyank

Right, complicated which is what I said. Definitely not impossible but there’s a lot of moving parts here.