1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Hospitalized in Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Celebriduck, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chris Bosh is done in the NBA. I wish him well in his post NBA life, and I hope he stays in the spotlight .

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heat statement on Chris Bosh <a href="https://t.co/pFB6Mw35o7">pic.twitter.com/pFB6Mw35o7</a></p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="">September 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Amir's Johnson

Bosh's career is done with Miami, Rockets should take the risk!

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm honestly very sorry for Bosh, this whole saga has to suck for him.

You've got to trust the doctors on this one. There's too much at stake to be a tough guy and risk it.

6. malakas

malakas Member

He should finally accept that he has to retire. He has 5 children. He should do the responsible thing and not put his life at any more risk.

7. yo

yo Contributing Member

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is it possible they are screwing him just because they want his contract off the cap?

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think you have to trust doctors if you believe they are biased towards the organization. Are we saying there's no chance he would pass a physical for a team who wants to sign him to the minimum? In that case we have to wonder if the new physical is dangerously profit motivated or if the previous doctor is siding with the org.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about the rules about how this would affected the Heat's financial situation.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pat. Riley. Wants. His. Cap. Room.

11. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

If Bosh truly believes the Heat are screwing him, then he should bet on himself. Negotiate a buyout and make himself a free agent. What is much more likely is that he's in denial. Everyone with a medical problem goes through it. It's so weird but that dynamic for some reason gets lost on twitter.

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

most folks want to be the master of their destiny. random variance may not always allow but i can understand the desire.

wish him the best however it plays out ...

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For those saying that Riley wants his contract gone, I don't disagree but there is still another major hurdle to overcome before that happens.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider-the-cost-of-losing-chris-bosh-181141874.html

In other words, a separate unbiased doc will have to come to the same conclusion.

In all honesty, this is the end for Bosh's career. Forget about basketball, if a regular person had "another bout of blood clotting" after being on blood thinners and other precautions for so long, it would be concerning.

I feel for him, but I really do hope that he has a long and healthy life.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

If he was really ok, then his contract would be fine. He's still in his prime. Nets would offer all their picks till 2030 for a healthy Bosh.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I have to agree with you that it's dangerous, I think in Fleischmann's case it was early and he hadn't made the money Bosh has. . . With Bosh being set I don't think it's worth it. And regardless if people think Riley is in on it , it would look really bad on him/team Dr's/nba etc if a player died on the court from clots that they knew about.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think any team will touch him at this point.
    I wouldn't . . . not that I don't think he can still ball . . but d*mn I would not want him hurting himself more.

Rocket River

18. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Damn.. sad for Heat, sad for Bosh.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member