1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Hospitalized in Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Celebriduck, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

lol

well..i wish Morey went after CB during allstar break, he would had struck gold .

XD :)

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Major was not saying "You knowing or not knowing" in general, as in Bosh. I'm pretty sure he was saying You, as in bulkatron, doesn't need to know.

y'all don't really think it is necessary for the doctors or Bosh to reveal is medical status in detail do you?

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I have no business knowing. That's why we post on it on CF instead haha.

However - my point is not they they need to divulge everything to me, or us fans, or anybody.

My point is that if they found a clot, and it cleared in 2 weeks or 4 weeks with anticoagulation, that my opinion is that it does not change his risk of developing future clots, specifically another pulmonary embolus, each of which can be fatal. So medically, without knowing where the clot was, most docs would advise lifelong anticoagulation and not a short 4-6 week course - because the future risk is so high.

So no - I don't need to know - but if they are assuming 6 weeks of anticoagulation is enough to treat this and pretend it never happened they are missing the big picture.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Le Batard: Chris Bosh pressuring Miami Heat to let him play

There continues to silence from the Heat about Chris Bosh’s status other than to say he remains out indefinitely as the team continues in the NBA playoffs. He has not played since stepping down at the All-Star break with an apparent blood clot in his calf.

Bosh, however, hasn’t exactly been quiet. He issued a statement in March saying he was optimistic about playing again this season, released a video of himself shooting jumpers in the arena with the message “still got it” and his wife, Adrienne, started a Twitter hashtag #BringBoshBack.

Those could all be reasonably considered subtle indications that Bosh wants to play, and ESPN Radio’s Dan Le Batard reported on his show today that is the case. He also said that Bosh has a doctor who might clear him.

“This is complicated and it’s not great,” Le Batard said. “They are not in agreement here. The two sides—This runs the risk of getting problematic here at a bad time, because Chris Bosh wants on the court… It’s obvious that Chris Bosh wants on the court and that he’s pressuring the organization…and that his wife is pressuring the organization. They were wearing the #BringBoshBack shirts (Sunday). There is a tension happening.

“I don’t know exactly what to believe here, OK, but I do trust the organization and I trust the people in the organization who tell me things because I’ve never been lied to by them about much of anything. They’re telling me that they’re protecting him from him, but he doesn’t feel any symptoms. This doesn’t feel like the last time. All the doctors the Heat are talking to are saying, and they’re the foremost authorities on this stuff, ‘Hey, a second recurrence of a blood clot situation could be catastrophic, where you’ve got a death on the court.’”

Le Batard added that the Bosh family is trying to get the NBPA involved to allow him to play again.

“They’ve scoured the globe trying to find the doctor who will clear them and they’ve got someone that they feel comfortable about, but that does not pair against the number of other opinions on the other side,” Le Batard said. “They’ve got someone that they feel comfortable with who’s willing to allow him to take the risk, but getting one guy…

“One of the things is, he’s not feeling anything. The last time, he felt really cruddy. So he’s looking at this and saying, ‘Why am I not out there? I feel fine. I’m good.’ They’ve got one (doctor) telling them the thing they want to hear… This thing is complicated.”

Bosh agent Henry Thomas and the Miami Heat did not immediately respond to requests for comment.[/rquoter]

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So if it was a clot then what are the risks of him playing and just taking aspirin or some kind of mild blood thinner?

Edited cause I read why people said it is dangerous to play on blood thinners.

#285 robbie380, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Increased risks abound in a sport where players are prone to direct contact, falls, elbows.

Its risk management at this point... no team wants to have a player potentially die on them or suffer internal bleeding simply because the player tried to force their way back on the court.

Hell, opponents don't want that sort of burden either... just a difficult situation.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can't play on thinners I think the risk is too great - he should just come back next year.

DD

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This Chris Bosh thing is a tricky situation. And it doesn't feel like it bolds well for his playing in the future.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If he's on blood thinners then he can't play. Simple as that. I doubt the team feels any tension at all over this. Bosh should be more worried about his career after this season rather than worrying about helping his team lose to Toronto in the second round.

Even though Miami may beat Toronto... My point remains.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Whats wrong with him? Doesnt he think of his small children? He will still get his millions and he has almost the whole medical community saying how life threatening it will be.

Great example he will be for the fans. :rolleyes: Dont listen to your doctors and just do whatever you want even when risking to drop dead any time you fall down hard.

11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yeah I think the discussion was basically complete here a few months ago. Nothing has changed medically. There are rumors that he's running out of money because of his/his wife's lavish lifestyle. Doesn't change the risks to his health.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

First of all, that's BS. Secondly, what does that have to do with anything? He's getting paid whether or not he plays.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

First of all, those are the rumors, and they might very well be BS. I have no idea if those have legs. But that's cropped up a couple of times now.

Second of all, maybe it has to do with endorsements or other deals. Hard to endorse products when you're on the bench.

Lastly, I agree that all those things don't change anything medically. It's just not that safe for him to be on the court.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Don't think chris bosh ever made much on endorsements. He gets paid no matter what.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

From where? LeBatard joked about it, but it was clear he was joking. Bosh is one of the smartest players in the league and I'd be shocked if he had any financial difficulties.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I hope so, I must have misinterpreted it then.

At any rate, I think you're right that he's still due about 80 million so even if he blew all his money up to now, he can be smart about saving what's left.

Bottom line remains the same: why endanger your life if you're gonna get paid anyway?

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

That's the bizarre part of this whole situation. Like I said, Bosh is one of the smartest players in the league, so he's definitely aware of the risks. I also don't think his wife would be openly campaigning for him to play if she was even a little bit worried.

18. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I must say that I admire his will to play despite the danger. Whether you agree or not it's his personal choice to try. He's literally willing to risk his life for the love of basketball.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBPA statement on Chris Bosh: <a href="https://t.co/8LDW810f42">pic.twitter.com/8LDW810f42</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Draper (@kevinmdraper) <a href="https://twitter.com/kevinmdraper/status/727611100305350656">May 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Sounds like the NBPA will side with the doctors on benching Bosh.